920 cases of swine flu reported this year
New Delhi: Admitting that cases of pandemic influenza-A H1N1 have re-surfaced in States of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu, the Government said a total of 920 cases, including 57 deaths, had been reported across the country this year till April 18.
Replying to a question in the Rajya Sabha on cases of swine flu resurfacing in some parts of the country, the Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Mr Ghulam Nabi Azad, said an advisory has been sent to all States and UTs to gear up the state machinery for screening and isolation facilities including critical care.
States/UTs have also been advised to follow guidelines on triage, categorisation and testing of patients, he said, adding 45 laboratories (26 in government sector and 19 in private sector) have the capability to test samples for H1N1 and adequate stock of Oseltamivir, the antiviral drug, is available.
Maximum number of cases
The Minister said Maharashtra accounted for the maximum number of 463 cases and 20 deaths, while Andhra Pradesh reported 112 cases and 12 deaths and Rajasthan had 107 cases with 12 deaths, followed by Karnataka where 164 cases were reported, including eight deaths.
Delhi had reported seven cases but no death while Gujarat had reported six cases with two deaths and Haryana reported only two cases and Kerala reported three cases.
Tamil Nadu reported 54 cases with two deaths and Madhya Pradesh reported one case and one death while Punjab reported one case with no death.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health