Arjun Rampal is the ‘Raavan’ of ‘Chakravyuh’: Manoj Bajpai
New Delhi: Known for making gritty realistic films on societal apathies, Prakash Jha’s latest film, ‘Chakravyuh’ is based on the gnawing issue of Naxalism and boasts of an impressive star cast.
In the capital to promote this Dussehra release, the cast and crew interacted with the press and spoke about the recent controversy that had posed a threat to the release of the film. Shoe makers, Bata had filed a case against the filmmakers and Prakash Jha for using their brand name wrongly in the song ‘Mehengai’. The Birlas too, had filed a case as their name was also dragged in the song.
The filmmaker, who won both the cases, said that the song ‘Mehangai’ did not intend to malign anyone, but was used as a generic term. “If you hear properly, the song expresses the pathos of the Dalit community who are exploited day in and day out,” said Jha, and asked “haven’t we all used such terms while doing street theatre in college. I speak about the divide that exists in the society and doesn’t really blame a particular person.”
The film’s cast- Arjun Rampal, Abhay Deol, Manoj Bajpayee, Esha Gupta and Anjali Patil were also present at the press conference and praised the film’s director Prakash Jha for having such a clear vision of the film. Esha, who plays an IPS officer in the film said, “I don’t know how a police officer behaves in real life or reacts to certain situations, but Prakashji had given me very clear set of instructions on how Rhea Menon should be on screen which made things simpler for me. “ Newcomer Anjali Patil, who plays a Naxalite, echoed Esha’s statement and added, “I have been told that 40 percent of activists in the movement are women. And you or I can’t even begin to think what they go through. But Prakashji’s direction was flawless and he made it easy for us actors.”
While Arjun Rampal and Manoj Bajpayee have worked with Jha before, it is Abhay’s first film with the film maker. Commenting on the character that he plays, Deol said, “We all feel for the cause of the Naxals. We all empathize with their issues. And as an actor I am glad I can do such roles. It is important to have such a graph in your career.”
Being a Dussehra release, Bajpayee was asked that would the film be burning the Box Office and who, according to him, was the Raavan. Bajpayee very cheekily replied, “This Dusshera Arjun Rampal is Raavan. For us- Rajan (Bajpayee), Kabir(Abhay ) and Juhi( Anjali Tripathi), IPS Adil Khan (character played by Arjun Rampal) and the system is the Raavan.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?