Bihar: AES is not Japanese encephalitis
Patna: It is official now, the acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) that has killed 233 children in Bihar since May is not Japanese encephalitis, announced Thursday.
The ruling has come from the Pune-based National Institute of Virology (NIV).
"In fact the disease remains a mysterious one," Additional Secretary (Health) R.P. Ojha said.
"NIV has told the Bihar government that no one had a positive strain for Japanese encephalitis," he said.
According to him, the NIV collected cerebral spinal fluid and blood samples of 73 patients from Muzaffarpur district.
Earlier this month, Health Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey announced that the mysterious disease was AES.
Ojha said of the 599 children with AES symptoms admitted to hospitals in Muzaffarpur, Patna and Gaya, 233 have died.
comments powered by Disqus
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH