'Cheeku Bhaiya' Virat Kohli leaves Paschim Vihar, neighbours upset
iamin/Mohd. Tahseen Reza
Indian cricketer Virat Kohli is reportedly shifting to Gurgaon. Currently living in Paschim Vihar's posh Meera Bagh, the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team will soon shift with his family. Popularly known as 'Cheeku' in his neighbourhood, Kohli's neighbours are apparently quite upset with his decision to shift.
Ram Lal Nagpal, who lives in A-92, says, "Our colony is popularly known as Virat Vihar, because of Virat Kohli. It's a matter of pride for us that the star of the Indian cricket team is residing in our colony. He must have taken the decision to shift after considering about it for a while. However, the residents of Meera Bagh are quite upset with his decision.”
Not only are the residents, but the guards, who sit at the entry/exit gate of the colony, are upset with Kohli's decision.
One of the guards said, "We all are unhappy with Kohli's decision. We live in this colony as one big family and when a member of the family leaves, a feeling of sadness surrounds."
However, some feel it won't really make any difference if Kohli leaves.
R.K. Sharma, Secretary of Janta Cooperative Building Society, says, “Kohli is a celebrity and he lives like one in the society. He never bothers to gel around with anyone. So, it won't really make any difference if, and when, he leaves.”
S.R. Kapoor, who lives in A-25, says, " Virat Kohli is a celebrity. Despite living in the same society, we hardly get to meet him. Nobody knows when he comes and leaves. It's just that our society has become popular because of him and is known as Virat Vihar.
R.N. Sharma, resident of A-173, says, “Kids in the society will however be most affected after Virat Kohli leaves. These kids lovingly address him as 'Cheeku Bhaiya'. More than Virat leaving the society, it's his family whose absence will be felt the most. His mother has made significant contribution for the development of the society.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- Sirsa: Over 600 skeletons found buried inside Dera headquarters
- After Doklam stand-off, India, China head for water dispute
- Sheikh marriage racket: 8 Sheikhs, 3 Qazis arrested
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- This eight-year-old girl from Florida has heart outside her body – Watch video
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- KRK continues narcissistic rant, posts 'proof' of destroying careers of these celebs