Chocolates are good for heart!
Rashi Aditi Ghosh/Zee Research Group
Chocolates are good for heart and cupid struck lovers can binge on it without worrying about any adverse health effects.
According to a recent study by Prevention, a US-based magazine, those consuming the highest levels of chocolate had a 37 per cent reduction in cardiovascular disease and a 29 per cent reduction in stroke compared to those with lower chocolate intakes.
Although experts from the medical journal of the American Academy of Neurology say that consumers should stick to moderate consumption of high-calorie chocolates, yet it’s hard to ignore the fact that chocolates can be a healthy addition to our diets.
Dark chocolate is packed with antioxidants that promote heart health and may prevent many cardiovascular-related conditions, but we’ve dug up more surprising health benefits.
Talking about benefits of chocolates and its emotional connect to humans, Dr Shikha Sharma, wellness expert at Nutri Health (Delhi), says, “Chocolates symbolize love and bring joy to you. But it is good to consume them in a regulated manner. I suggest lovers to eat chocolate sauce mixed with lots of fruits and nuts as it will satisfy both your health and love at one go.”
Prevention magazine in its newsletter mentioned that dark chocolate increases blood flow both to the brain and heart. This helps improve cognitive function. Dark chocolate also helps reduce stroke risk.
Explaining the healthier versions of chocolates, Dr Nupur Krishnan, nutrition expert from Mumbai, says dark chocolates in comparison to milk chocolates are good as they contain flavonols, a compound in chocolate with antioxidant-like properties that improves circulation, including blood flow to the brain. Chocolates are healthy but they are fattening as well. Even dark chocolate contains a lot of calories because of the large content of fat and sugar.”
Suggesting the methods of consumption Dr Krishnan adds, “I would suggest people to bite a small piece of chocolate and let it melt in your mouth, this would be healthy and would also quench your taste buds.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM