Christmas and New Year party make up tips
The invites have started flowing in and party season is knocking on your door. Renowned beauty expert Bharti Taneja shares easy and fun ways to look party-perfect and dazzle like a diva.
Soft and smooth – Prep your skin to create a smooth canvas for the makeup. Facials and peels – Herbal or GA peels (Glycolic Acid) are best to stimulate the skin and give it a healthy glow. Use primer to even out your skin and extend the life of your makeup. While applying foundation, follow the ‘less is more’ rule. Finish off with loose powder.
Make your eyes sparkle – For a mesmerizing look, give your undivided attention to the eyes because that’s how you can steal the limelight at any party. Sweep a glittery eye shadow (green & blue are in vogue) on your lids, outline the rims with eyeliner and ramp up the ‘glam’ quotient with mascara, and you are set to rock the party.
Get power pout – The hottest hues of the season are fuschia, orange and red. These colours will instantly liven up your face and give you a dazzling look. If you want to keep it light, you can also go for any coral shade. For a subtle sheen, dab some lip gloss. Shiny lips are always pretty.
Glow girl glow – For that ‘lit-from-within’ look, focus on sculpting and highlighting your cheekbones. Apply your favourite rose cream blush over your apples, and then swirl highlighting powder just above them. Accentuating your cheeks will make you look more radiant and ravishing.
Go bold with gold – Ditch the dark nail paint and go for gold. Adding the much needed spark to your look, it looks insanely gorgeous on all skin tones. Besides gold, bright orange, blue and green are very in this season. Want to stand out? Go for some eye catching nail art!
Keep your hair simple – It’s time to let your hair down and dance the night away. Straight or curly, whatever you choose to go with, make sure you set them right with a mousse or hair spray. Fun braids adorned with flowers, chic side buns and sparkling Swarovski hair accessories will add a touch of glamour to your hair.
comments powered by Disqus
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'