Christmas and New Year party make up tips
The invites have started flowing in and party season is knocking on your door. Renowned beauty expert Bharti Taneja shares easy and fun ways to look party-perfect and dazzle like a diva.
Soft and smooth – Prep your skin to create a smooth canvas for the makeup. Facials and peels – Herbal or GA peels (Glycolic Acid) are best to stimulate the skin and give it a healthy glow. Use primer to even out your skin and extend the life of your makeup. While applying foundation, follow the ‘less is more’ rule. Finish off with loose powder.
Make your eyes sparkle – For a mesmerizing look, give your undivided attention to the eyes because that’s how you can steal the limelight at any party. Sweep a glittery eye shadow (green & blue are in vogue) on your lids, outline the rims with eyeliner and ramp up the ‘glam’ quotient with mascara, and you are set to rock the party.
Get power pout – The hottest hues of the season are fuschia, orange and red. These colours will instantly liven up your face and give you a dazzling look. If you want to keep it light, you can also go for any coral shade. For a subtle sheen, dab some lip gloss. Shiny lips are always pretty.
Glow girl glow – For that ‘lit-from-within’ look, focus on sculpting and highlighting your cheekbones. Apply your favourite rose cream blush over your apples, and then swirl highlighting powder just above them. Accentuating your cheeks will make you look more radiant and ravishing.
Go bold with gold – Ditch the dark nail paint and go for gold. Adding the much needed spark to your look, it looks insanely gorgeous on all skin tones. Besides gold, bright orange, blue and green are very in this season. Want to stand out? Go for some eye catching nail art!
Keep your hair simple – It’s time to let your hair down and dance the night away. Straight or curly, whatever you choose to go with, make sure you set them right with a mousse or hair spray. Fun braids adorned with flowers, chic side buns and sparkling Swarovski hair accessories will add a touch of glamour to your hair.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors