Crystal-Cleansing your Home
Crystals in their natural form not only give your house a touch of grace, but also have great healing properties due to their vibrations. Crystal collector and healer, Terry Manchanda tells Pooja Bhula why people pay lakhs for the big ones and where the best ones come from
It is considered a master healer, with physical and emotional soothing properties due to its detectable magnetic fields and energy. You can keep this pleasurable-looking purple crystal geode in your children’s room to drive away their nightmares, aid concentration, improve memory and much more.
Best from: Brazil, Africa and India (here you’ll find them in different shades, but not deep coloured-ones).
This master crystal can split natural light into the seven colours of our aura, hence it can work on all our chakras and amplify all our energies. This crystal is known to have information storage capacity and therefore it has always been important in our technological advancement, including its use in computers. Blocks of clear quartz look beautiful as they comprise clusters; they can be kept anywhere and everywhere.
Best from: At present, they come from the Himalayas in Tibet, but its very difficult to procure them directly. The ones mined in South India and Jaipur are equally great for healing, but are more smokey and not as clear in appearance.
This crystal is known to bring peace, love and harmony, wherever it goes. You can keep these huge rose quartz rocks in your bedroom to ease out tensions between you and your partner.
Best from: Rose quartz rocks from Brazil are considered the best, because of the beautiful pink colour. While the Indian ones are equally effective for healing, they are much lighter.
White, pink, peach, blue... they grow in various colours just like stalactites and stalagmites in caves. While they are very soft and brittle, they transmute all the negative energy into white, pure energy. Keep them at the entrance of the door, by your bedside or any other place in the house like your living room, where too many people gather. The most expensive amongst its various types are huge blocks of clear-looking, ice selenites.
Best from: Morocco, Africa and Brazil
comments powered by Disqus
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- After Doklam stand-off, India, China head for water dispute
- Sirsa: Over 600 skeletons found buried inside Dera headquarters
- Mexico's 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills above 140, search for survivors continues
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for
- This eight-year-old girl from Florida has heart outside her body – Watch video