Encephalitis claims 19 children in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): At least 19 children have died of Japanese Encephalitis and high fever while 37 others are still undergoing treatment in Gaya town during the past 20 days, officials said.
The children who were brought here for treatment are from Gaya, Aurangabad, Nawada and the neighbouring district Chatra in Jharkhand died during the period in paediatric ward, A N Sinha Medical College Hospital`s superintendent Sitaram Prasad said.
The blood samples so far revealed that nine of the children who died were suffering from Japanese encephalitis, but others too who succumbed had identical symptoms and their blood samples were sent for examination, he said.
Prasad said around 63 children were admitted to the hospital with high fever since August 23.
He confirmed that 37 others were still being treated at the hospital.
In June this year, around 60 children had died of the mystery disease in Muzaffarpur.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market