Encephalitis claims 19 children in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): At least 19 children have died of Japanese Encephalitis and high fever while 37 others are still undergoing treatment in Gaya town during the past 20 days, officials said.
The children who were brought here for treatment are from Gaya, Aurangabad, Nawada and the neighbouring district Chatra in Jharkhand died during the period in paediatric ward, A N Sinha Medical College Hospital`s superintendent Sitaram Prasad said.
The blood samples so far revealed that nine of the children who died were suffering from Japanese encephalitis, but others too who succumbed had identical symptoms and their blood samples were sent for examination, he said.
Prasad said around 63 children were admitted to the hospital with high fever since August 23.
He confirmed that 37 others were still being treated at the hospital.
In June this year, around 60 children had died of the mystery disease in Muzaffarpur.
comments powered by Disqus
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday