Encephalitis claims 19 children in Bihar
Gaya (Bihar): At least 19 children have died of Japanese Encephalitis and high fever while 37 others are still undergoing treatment in Gaya town during the past 20 days, officials said.
The children who were brought here for treatment are from Gaya, Aurangabad, Nawada and the neighbouring district Chatra in Jharkhand died during the period in paediatric ward, A N Sinha Medical College Hospital`s superintendent Sitaram Prasad said.
The blood samples so far revealed that nine of the children who died were suffering from Japanese encephalitis, but others too who succumbed had identical symptoms and their blood samples were sent for examination, he said.
Prasad said around 63 children were admitted to the hospital with high fever since August 23.
He confirmed that 37 others were still being treated at the hospital.
In June this year, around 60 children had died of the mystery disease in Muzaffarpur.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water