Encephalitis claims one more life, toll climbs to 102
Gorakhpur (UP): A child died due to encephalitis at a hospital here, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 102 this year.
The child died yesterday at the BRD Medical College Hospital, health officials said today.
They said a total of 421 patients showing symptoms of encephalitis have been admitted to the hospital and adjoining district hospitals this year.
While some of the patients were suffering from Japanese Encephalitis (JE), most of them were suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).
The JE spreads due to mosquito bites while AES spreads due to viruses present in contaminated water.
comments powered by Disqus
- Protesters in Green Zone, Iraq's PM Haider al-Abadi calls for punishment of rioters
- IPL 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad are a balanced side now, says David Warner on team's combination
- Vijender Singh hoping to carry momentum into fight in India
- Credit my weight loss to 'Bollywood pressure': Parineeti Chopra
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit