Encephalitis death toll rises to 200 in Bihar
Patna: Bihar government today said that the Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) was confirmed as encephalitis even as the toll mounted to 200 since the outbreak of the disease in May this year.
The disease was proved to be encephalitis during laboratory test of the samples of the patients, Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha told reporters.
Meanwhile, the toll mounted to 200 with 137 deaths reported from the SKMCH and Kejriwal charitable hospitals in Muzaffurpur, he said.
Altogether 47 children died at the PMCH in Patna and 11 at the ANMCH, while five deaths were reported from different hospitals in Vaishali district, Ojha said.
Ten districts have been declared as encephalitis-affected districts and the leave applications of doctors in all these districts cancelled in view of outbreak of the disease, he said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- After Doklam stand-off, India, China head for water dispute
- Sirsa: Over 600 skeletons found buried inside Dera headquarters
- Mexico's 7.1 magnitude earthquake kills above 140, search for survivors continues
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- This eight-year-old girl from Florida has heart outside her body – Watch video
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for