Euro 2012: How Germany set new world record...
Warsaw: Germany have set a new record for consecutive wins in competitive international football with their 4-2 Euro 2012 quarter-final victory over Greece in Gdansk.
The triumph against Fernando Santos` men was the 15th competitive fixture won in a row by Joachim Low`s men, surpassing the 14-game sequence previously shared with France, Netherlands and Spain.
Here is a look at how Germany created the records of 15 consecutive win:
Germany 3-2 Uruguay | Low`s men started their sequence by claiming third place at WC2010
Belgium 0-1 Germany | Klose put The Mannschaft on the right track in qualifying
Germany 6-1 Azerbaijan | `Thumbs up` were deserved after thrashing the minnows
Germany 3-0 Turkey | Ozil and his team-mates were a step ahead of Sahin and Co.
Kazakhstan 0-3 Germany | Their fifth win was a straight-forward affair
Germany 4-0 Kazakhstan | Klose and Muller were both at the double
Austria 1-2 Germany | A 90th minute Gomez effort erased a below-par performance
Azerbaijan 1-3 Germany | Ozil was on target as Germany continued their magnificent run
Germany 6-2 Austria | The prolific Klose opened the scoring in a six-goal rout
Turkey 1-3 Germany | Gotze was impressive in win No.10
Germany 3-1 Belgium | Low`s side finished with an untarnished record in qualifying
Germany 1-0 Portugal | Gomez`s well-placed header brought a positive start to Euro 2012
Netherlands 1-2 Germany | A Gomez double left the Dutch in trouble
Denmark 1-2 Germany | Lars Bender ensured that his side topped the `Group of Death`
Germany 4-2 Greece | Lahm, Khedira, Klose & Reus broke the record
comments powered by Disqus
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer