Euro 2012: Top 5 Strikers
We take a look at the top five strikers of the Euro 2012 as per the ratings index. No striker that progressed past the group stages has managed to feature in this list.
Michael Krohn-Dehli has been the `Best Striker` of Euro 2012. The Dane was involved in a goal in each of the games in the `Group of Death` and sunk favourites, Netherlands in their opening game. He set up Bendtner`s first against Portugal before finding his name on the score sheet against Germany in his side`s final game of the tournament.
The usually haughty striker was selfless in attack, working hard for his team and playing in his teammates as well. He gave Portugal a real scare as he cancelled out their 2 goal lead with a brace. He set up Krohn-Dehli`s goal against Germany. A top display by the Arsenal striker at the tournament.
Shevchenko certainly rolled back the years, starting the co-hosts tournament with a bang by overturning their deficit with a brace that saw them win all three points in their opening tie. He rose high to bury in his first before sending Ukraine into raptures with an excellent near-post run to head home the winner.
The Swedish skipper led from the front as he opened his side`s scoring against co-hosts Ukraine in their opening game. Zlatan was a constant threat and his opener against France was arguably the goal of the tournament, the scissor-kick volley was simply unstoppable and stunned French keeper, Hugo Lloris. Apart from scoring two goals, Ibrahimovic`s overall game play was exceptional.
Devic won his position in the starting eleven against England after two substitute displays. The clever forward was a threat all night as his extra mobility was caused a real problem. He had a goal unluckily ruled out, but shouldn`t really have given Hart a chance from such close range having had so much time to set himself.
comments powered by Disqus
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends