Euro 2016: 5 players to watch out for in France
The European Championship is about to kick off in France. The players will be motivated to perform for their countries and show their patriotism. This month-long championship, will provide viewers around the world with some of the best quality football available. Hence, we have compiled a list of the players to watch out for, who in all likelihood, will set the stage on fire with their exhilarating performances.
The recently third time crowned Champions League winner, Cristiano Ronaldo, will be eager to prove his critics wrong, by performing for his country as effectively as he does for his club. Also, the Portuguese, who has scored 6 goals in the tournament, will be looking to break Michel Platini's long-standing record of highest all-time goals in the tournament - 9 goals. This Euro might just be the perfect opportunity to do so, as Portugal have the easiest of the groups to face, with Austria, Iceland and Hungary as opponents.
While he is undoubtedly the best goalkeeper in the world at the moment, some also reckon him to be the best sweeper due to his spectacular cleaning up antics for Bayern and Germany. The 30-year-old will be looking to use his vast experience yet again at one of the biggest stages international football provides. The onus will be on him to help Germany take the Euro trophy home, after which he can keep it in his cabinet, which already contains the World Cup, Champions League, Bundesliga and the Club World cup among others.
Kevin De Bruyne
The talented Belgian will be eager to prove his worth to new coach Pep Guardiola, after an injury-ridden, yet individually spectacular season with Manchester City. The 24 year-old will be starring alongside stars Eden Hazard, Radja Nainggolan and Romelo Lukaku. This young Belgian team, currently second in the FIFA world rankings, will be all set to justify its worth at the stage set up for them to win their maiden Euro title.
The evergreen Iniesta is just a pleasure to watch with his spectacular dribbling abilities that come second only to Lionel Messi. The veteran is interestingly the only player in history to be the Man-of-the-Match at a World Cup Final, a European Championship Final and a Champions League Final. He will now be looking to inspire his Spanish teammates to clinch another Euro trophy.
The Frenchman will be confident of impressing the French population as he gears up to replicate legend Michel Platini and win the trophy on home soil. The 23 year-old Manchester United reject, is already the best player in France's line-up. Due to the exclusion of Karim Benzema, who is France's highest goal-scorer currently active, Pogba will have immense pressure on his shoulders as he looks as the sole carrier of France's Euro hopes.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pakistan is a 'well of death' says Uzma Ahmed
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- Andhra Pradesh: Man hacked to death in broad daylight
- All you need to know about Saharanpur violence
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- Devendra Fadnavis' chopper crash-lands in Latur, Maharashtra CM safe; AIB to probe mishap
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances committee to be looked into by June 1
- Virender Sehwag's tweet on Uzma Ahmed sums up everything that's good about India
- Court nullifies Hindu woman's marriage with Muslim man as she converted to Islam at 'behest of ISIS'
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found