Five reasons to watch `Mary Kom`
The trailer of Priyanka Chopra's `Mary `Kom`, based on the life of the Olympic-boxer, has struck the right note with the audience. The anticipation for the movie is high.
The first thing to watch out for in this movie, is the power-packed inspirational role that Piggy Chops will be playing. The lady has packed some power punches on-screen, done rigorous training to learn the attributes and has done whatever it takes to be a boxer. The bald look that she has sported for the film has upped the curiosity level around `Mary Kom`.
Stepping in the shoes of five times world champion in boxing, MC Mary Kom is not a little thing. And Priyanka looks as promising in the trailer and posters, as can be.
Biopics seem to be the next big thing in Bollywood. Directors-producers are heavily cashing in on biopics. Male centric biopics have won our hearts and moved us to tears in `Bhaag Milkha Bhag` as well as `Paan Singh Tomar`. But now B-Town has come up with its first biopic based on a female character. The gritty Priyanka will unfold the story of `Mary Kom`'s way to boxing glory. After all she has gone through some painstaking tasks to get the right look and fit the character.
MC Mary Kom
People of India are now more aware of the sports stars like Mary Kom. They have a lot of respect and admiration for the fierce boxer. The Olympic medallist, MC Mary Kom, is truly a role model to look up to. She is the only Indian boxer who has won a medal in five world championships and an Olympic medal. The story is the journey and the odd battle that she fought single-handedly to win the place that she deserves. The rise of the magnificent Mary has created a palpable interest and her life story is definitely worth knowing.
The North East connection
Mary Kom, who hails from Manipur in the Northeastern region, has been the victim of neglect at the hands of mainstream society. It will be the first of a kind film where the story of a Northeasterner who has often been the victim of racism, the issue of acceptance and how she fights all these hurdles, will be depicted on the silver-screen and it deserves surely that space. Though Priyanka has faced criticism on the fact that she doesn't look like a Manipuri, but the fact still remains that it's the journey about a Northeastern boxer who has turned the tide against all odds.. And with this, maybe all myths and stereotypes against the people from this region will also be broken. Another reason why `Mary Kom` is worth a watch.
Last but not the least- `Mary Kom` is a woman-centric film. It shows the rise of a woman protagonist in our male-dominated society. And it's not always that Bollywood comes up with such substantive movies. This could be Priyanka's career best role. The trailer of the movie and the movie posters earned the lady many adulations coming in from all quarters. Bollywood stars have gone-gaga over her look.
comments powered by Disqus
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Shocking! Death-defying train stunt performed by youngsters in Mumbai - Watch video
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth
- Bangladesh bowling coach: BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials, says Venkatesh Prasad
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics