Food poisoning kills 12 in China
Beijing: Over 400 people suffered from food poisoning in China this year, and 12 of them have died, the health ministry said Wednesday.
From January to March, the ministry received 17 food poisoning reports from across the nation, an increase of four cases from the same period in 2011, but the number of people affected decreased by 22 percent.
The 438 cases occurred in public canteens, families and restaurants, Xinhua reported.
Four cases involved students, with 205 pupils falling ill and one dying due to nitrite poisoning.
comments powered by Disqus
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4