Food poisoning kills 12 in China
Beijing: Over 400 people suffered from food poisoning in China this year, and 12 of them have died, the health ministry said Wednesday.
From January to March, the ministry received 17 food poisoning reports from across the nation, an increase of four cases from the same period in 2011, but the number of people affected decreased by 22 percent.
The 438 cases occurred in public canteens, families and restaurants, Xinhua reported.
Four cases involved students, with 205 pupils falling ill and one dying due to nitrite poisoning.
comments powered by Disqus
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation