Gujarat`s first brain angioplasty successful
Rajkot: Doctors at the city-based Sterling Hospital has claimed to have successfully performed brain angioplasty on a 35-year-old farmer.
Rupsinh Jadeja from Jamkhambhaliya town of Jamnagar district was suffering from vertigo since last three years and would struggle to walk or even doing any work with hands, Mrudul Sharma, cardiologist, Sterling Hospital said today.
"On examination and further medical investigation it was observed that the pulse in his both arms was missing and all the blood vessels supplying blood to his both arms and both side of brain were blocked" Sharma said, adding angioplasty was the only available treatment in this condition diagnosed as Takayasu Aortoarteritis.
The surgical procedure has risks of paralysis and even death but the patient agreed, he said.
All the five blood vessels supplying blood to Jadeja`s both sides of brain and hands were opened up successfully. The total procedure last for around four hours, Sharma said, claiming it is only the first such instance in the state.
The surgery was successfully performed around six weeks back, another doctor Kinjal Bhatt said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur