Gujarat`s first brain angioplasty successful
Rajkot: Doctors at the city-based Sterling Hospital has claimed to have successfully performed brain angioplasty on a 35-year-old farmer.
Rupsinh Jadeja from Jamkhambhaliya town of Jamnagar district was suffering from vertigo since last three years and would struggle to walk or even doing any work with hands, Mrudul Sharma, cardiologist, Sterling Hospital said today.
"On examination and further medical investigation it was observed that the pulse in his both arms was missing and all the blood vessels supplying blood to his both arms and both side of brain were blocked" Sharma said, adding angioplasty was the only available treatment in this condition diagnosed as Takayasu Aortoarteritis.
The surgical procedure has risks of paralysis and even death but the patient agreed, he said.
All the five blood vessels supplying blood to Jadeja`s both sides of brain and hands were opened up successfully. The total procedure last for around four hours, Sharma said, claiming it is only the first such instance in the state.
The surgery was successfully performed around six weeks back, another doctor Kinjal Bhatt said.
comments powered by Disqus
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town