Gujarat`s first brain angioplasty successful
Rajkot: Doctors at the city-based Sterling Hospital has claimed to have successfully performed brain angioplasty on a 35-year-old farmer.
Rupsinh Jadeja from Jamkhambhaliya town of Jamnagar district was suffering from vertigo since last three years and would struggle to walk or even doing any work with hands, Mrudul Sharma, cardiologist, Sterling Hospital said today.
"On examination and further medical investigation it was observed that the pulse in his both arms was missing and all the blood vessels supplying blood to his both arms and both side of brain were blocked" Sharma said, adding angioplasty was the only available treatment in this condition diagnosed as Takayasu Aortoarteritis.
The surgical procedure has risks of paralysis and even death but the patient agreed, he said.
All the five blood vessels supplying blood to Jadeja`s both sides of brain and hands were opened up successfully. The total procedure last for around four hours, Sharma said, claiming it is only the first such instance in the state.
The surgery was successfully performed around six weeks back, another doctor Kinjal Bhatt said.
comments powered by Disqus
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar