Gujarat`s first brain angioplasty successful
Rajkot: Doctors at the city-based Sterling Hospital has claimed to have successfully performed brain angioplasty on a 35-year-old farmer.
Rupsinh Jadeja from Jamkhambhaliya town of Jamnagar district was suffering from vertigo since last three years and would struggle to walk or even doing any work with hands, Mrudul Sharma, cardiologist, Sterling Hospital said today.
"On examination and further medical investigation it was observed that the pulse in his both arms was missing and all the blood vessels supplying blood to his both arms and both side of brain were blocked" Sharma said, adding angioplasty was the only available treatment in this condition diagnosed as Takayasu Aortoarteritis.
The surgical procedure has risks of paralysis and even death but the patient agreed, he said.
All the five blood vessels supplying blood to Jadeja`s both sides of brain and hands were opened up successfully. The total procedure last for around four hours, Sharma said, claiming it is only the first such instance in the state.
The surgery was successfully performed around six weeks back, another doctor Kinjal Bhatt said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know