Haryana to ban gutka, pan masala from Aug 15
Chandigarh: The Haryana government Friday announced a ban from Aug 15 on the manufacturing, storage, distribution or sale of gutka, pan masala, zarda and other chewable products containing tobacco and nicotine.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting here headed by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Hooda said the decision to ban these items had been taken because tobacco was a leading cause of death and preventable diseases.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sirsa: Over 600 skeletons found buried inside Dera headquarters
- Mumbai rains: Schools to be shut today; high tide alert issued
- Sheikh marriage racket: 8 Sheikhs, 3 Qazis arrested
- Dawood Ibrahim's security in Pakistan increased by 50 percent: Iqbal Kaskar
- China launches world's fastest train Fuxing on Beijing-Shanghai line
- This eight-year-old girl from Florida has heart outside her body – Watch video
- Dawood Ibrahim changed house in Pakistan 4 times since Modi govt came to power: Iqbal Kaskar
- Marriage racket busted in Hyderabad, 8 sheikhs arrested
- Class 5 student commits suicide, asks 'teacher to not punish severely' in last wish
- KRK continues narcissistic rant, posts 'proof' of destroying careers of these celebs