Healthy Holi: Top 10 home remedies to cure acidity
Shruti Saxena With the festive time round the corner, overindulgence in food is something one cannot avoid. From gujiyas to samosas sent by friends and relatives, one tends to eat almost everything. So are you worried that your current healthy diet routine will go for a toss with the onset of the indulgent Holi weekend? Don’t worry, we bring to you top 10 simple and effective home remedies that can help reduce the intensity of acidity. Cloves: If you are suffering from gastritis, then clove acts as the wonder drug to get you rid of this sensation. Just chew say about two cloves and slightly bite them so that juices keep oozing out. Soon, the problem will vanish. Cumin seeds: Take say about a teaspoon of cumin seeds and then roast them. After roasting, crush them in such a manner that they don’t become powder. Now, add this to a glass of water and have it with every meal you take. It does wonders. Jaggery: Jaggery can help a lot in treating heartburn and acidity. Consume a small lump and allow it to get dissolved in your mouth to get relief from acidity. But, this remedy should not be tried by people who have diabetes.
Raita: Raita prepared with curd and added with ingredients like grated cucumber and coriander will surely aid in digestion and help eliminate acidity. Basil leaves: Basil leaves are popular for their medicinal properties. Chewing say around 5-6 basil leaves relieves acidity to a lot of extent. One can also make a blend of crushed basil leaves and dried leaves which can be consumed with water or tea or simply be swallowed. Butter-milk:A yet another simple and most easy homemade remedy to treat acidity is consuming butter-milk mixed with a little say about ¼ teaspoon of black pepper powder. Mint: It is also a good idea to drink fresh mint juice or chew raw mint leaves after meals everyday to keep acidity and indigestion away from you. Ginger: Ginger is considered as a cure-all herb as it helps in treating so many different kinds of conditions. Consume just the right amount of ginger about half an hour before each meal and feel the difference. Milk: Milk is a drink that consists of a large amount of calcium which helps in preventing build-up of stomach acid. So, drink a glass of milk after your meal to soothe your stomach after having a spicy meal. Vanilla ice cream: Yes, gorging a cup of your favourite vanilla ice cream not just savours your sweet tooth but also helps combat gastritis. This is an easy home remedy to fight acidity.
comments powered by Disqus
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees