India Fashion Summit 2012: A starry evening to remember!
India Fashion Summit 2012, organised by India Federation for Fashion Development (IFFD), was a starry evening; an amalgamation of conferences, seminars and a fashion show. The fashion show, despite beginning extremely late, was one that would be vividly remembered for its grandiose, baroque flavour.
Many people from the fashion and entertainment fraternity graced the occasion with their presence. Jalabala Vaidya, Pam Mehta, Joy Mitra, Barkha Kaul, Swati Modo and several other who`s who of India`s fashion firmament were present at the occasion.
Speaking about the event, Kiran Kheva, Director, IFFD, said, "The Summit was aimed at gathering fashion companies, experts, NGOs and politicians from all around Delhi and catalyse a discussion on the evolution of a successful fashion industry in India where new business models are required to tackle the growing sustainability challenges facing the planet and our societies."
India Fashion Summit 2012 played host to a fashion show where innovation in the territories of clothes, jewellery, and shoes were clearly visible. Designer Pam Mehta commenced the show by showcasing her collection of contemporary Indian Wear `Kisneel`. A bevy of models walked the ramp and displayed the collection, each ensemble of which reflected finesse of craft while retaining its authenticity and wearability.
Amit Talwar of Adonize, in association with Apala Jewellery by Sumit Sawhney, displayed `Sawariya - Pure Eternal Love`, their collection. Amanpreet Wahi walked as showstopper for Sagarika Mittal Goyal, who launched her winter festive collection `Mohini`. Rosy Ahluwalia showcased her `Peacock Collection` at the Summit. The many shades of blue, turk and green were vividly visible and stood out from the crowd.
IFFD also honoured industry members for their commitment to the fashion industry in a glamorous award ceremony. Woods by Woodland received the Footwear & Accessories Brand of the Year Award, Rosy Ahluwalia was presented with the Emerging Designer of the Year Award, Atelier was honoured with the Best Fashion Coverage (Magazine). SBJ House of Luxury bagged the Best Store of the Year Award, Coochie Coo was awarded the Best Kidswear Brand of the Year, Ketan Bhatia was presented with the Fashion Choreographer of the Year Award. A couple of other awards were also given out at the event.
The summit attracted a varied demographic - from fashion designers, make-up artists and hairstylists, luxury and lifestyle professionals and retailers to fashion industry students, diplomats, socialites, fashion conscious people - were all seen at the summit with a common passion - a passion for innovation and creation in the realm of fashion.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM