It`s nappy time for B-Town moms
New Delhi: It`s a role you haven`t seen them in. Away from the limelight, life is all about changing diapers and nurturing their little ones for Bollywood`s glamour girls like Aishwarya Rai, Lara Dutta and Celina Jaitly who have just stepped into motherhood.
Celina gave birth to twin boys in Dubai Saturday, and the mother and children are doing well healthwise, according to the actress` husband, hotelier Peter Haag. They have named their twins Winston and Viraaj.
Lara delivered a baby girl in January and she has been spending time with her bundle of joy, named Sara. However, she is already back to reading scripts.
"Back to hearing scripts and making decisions. Exciting things to look forward to! On another note, nothing smells better than a Johnson`s Baby," Lara wrote on Twitter last month.
The actress-producer, married to tennis ace Mahesh Bhupathi, was extremely excited about her pregnancy; her face had a glow every time she stepped out confidently with her baby bump.
Actress Aishwarya Rai, who chose to keep away from the shutterbugs during her pregnancy, is also busy doting upon her daughter, born in November 2011.
The four-month-old daughter, said to have been named Aaradhya, is keeping Aishwarya occupied and work has taken a backseat for the actress. The former beauty queen has visibly put on post-pregnancy weight and would have to shed it off before she gets back to the cameras.
Her husband, Abhishek Bachchan, says she is happy playing mom for now and would only return to work when she feels like it.
"When she wants to come back is completely her decision...as and when she decides, when she sees a script she is inspired by - the decision is entirely hers. Currently she is very happy doing what she is doing," Abhishek said recently.
Other B-Town actresses who became moms recently include Sonali Kulkarni and Rituparna Sengupta. While Sonali is married to corporate figure Nachiket Pantvaidya, Bengali actress Rituparna who already had a son with childhood sweetheart Sanjay Chakrabarty gave birth to their daughter in July last year.
Shilpa Shetty, married to London-based Raj Kundra, is preparing for her D-day. She announced her pregnancy on Twitter in December 2011, calling it the "most beautiful phase" of her life.
While on one side, she is busy adhering to doctor`s instructions, Shilpa is also looking forward to the forthcoming Indian Premier League (IPL) season, starting April. She hopes to cheer for her team Rajasthan Royals, wearing an XXL size jersey of the team.
Actress Antara Mali, best remembered for films like ‘Naach’ and ‘Main Madhuri Dixit Banna Chahti Hun’, is also said to be expecting her first child. She is married to fashion editor Che Kurien.
comments powered by Disqus
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Congress hails Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Businessman kidnapped near police station in Udaipur - Watch
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, many injured
- Watch: Asaduddin Owaisi's opinion about Supreme Court verdict on triple talaq
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Do you have a clue about the weather on Mars? This is how it is
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened