Japanese Encephalitis vaccine launched in India
New Delhi: Austrian drug firm Intercell AG today said its Hyderabad-based partner Biological E Ltd has launched Jeev, a vaccine to protect children and adults from Japanese Encephalitis (JE), in India.
The vaccine, manufactured by Biological E Ltd at its facility in Hyderabad and based on Intercell`s technology was approved by the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), Intercell AG said in a statement on its website.
"With the market launch in India, we have taken a major step forward in achieving our goal of rolling-out this Japanese Encephalitis vaccine in endemic countries with a high medical need in order to protect children and adults against this terrible disease," Intercell CEO Thomas Lingelbach said.
He added that launch of the drug has been possible due to the company`s strategic partnership with Biological E.
In 2005, Intercell and Biological E had signed a contract for the development, manufacturing, marketing and distribution in India and the Indian subcontinent of Intercell`s Japanese Encephalitis vaccine.
An epidemic outbreak of Japanese Encephalitis in Uttar Pradesh, India, and Nepal killed more than 1,200 children in 2005.
"With the launch of Jeev, the indigenous vaccine with excellent safety profile and proven efficacy in Indian subjects is now available to doctors for prevention of Japanese Encephalitis in children and adults," Biological E Chairman and Managing Director Vijay Kumar Datla said.
comments powered by Disqus
- MCD Election Results 2017: BJP wins big, thanks Delhiites for faith in party
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Reason behind AAP losing MCD elections - Watch
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results declared. Check cgbse.nic.in, results.cg.nic.in
- JEE Main Result 2017 to be declared today; check jeemain.nic.in and cbseresults.nic.in
- CGBSE Class 12 Board Result 2017: Chhattisgarh Board Higher Secondary Class 12 Results to be declared today at cgbse.nic.in
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor