Just pray for me that my earnings rise, says Salman Khan
New Delhi: Salman Khan was recently in the capital to promote `Dabangg 2` along with his brother, Arbaaz Khan who is making his directorial debut with the film. As he sat in the lush gardens of a prominent Delhi hotel to address the media, he was instantly bombarded with questions related to the film, his rising popularity and pay package and of course, his marriage plans. As usual, Salman stuck to his out-of-the-ordinary way of handling the questions raised during the occasion.
The actor was asked if the audiences can expect to watch `Dabangg 3` in near future. Salman chose to reply thus: “Before `Dabangg 2` we had already planned for `Dabangg 3`. We will see how `Dabangg 2` fares at the Box Office. If the movie does well and if Arbaaz is still interested in working with me, we will make `Dabangg 3`. If he is not interested in working with me then I will make `Dabangg 3` myself.”
The trend of actors getting into film direction is not a new one and Arbaaz Khan stands as a live example in this case. But Salman, who has been acting for more than two decades now, feels that he will wear the director`s hat only when he feels he has acted enough.
The `Dabangg` actor who will be reprising the role of a fearless and ‘bad –ass’ police man in the sequel to the first installment of the 2010 hit-film, told the reporters that he loved working in `Dabangg 2` more.
“I enjoyed both the films equally. Actually, `Dabangg 2` mein double maza aya,” said Salman.
When Salman was questioned on his increasing bankability, given the fact that his films are easily getting into the Rs 100 crore club, sarcasm dripped from the actor`s answer.
“Are you being jealous (that I am earning more)? Are you not feeling good about it or are you happy? Just pray for me that my earnings rise,” the actor said.
So, considering the surge in his saleability, is it fair to judge that Salman Khan`s name is more than enough to turn the film into a hit? Salman begged to differ in this case.
“If that is true then should I re-release my old (flop) movies? If you take the guarantee that those flop film would work now, then I can do that. I can name those movies.” argued Salman.
Like always, even this time the most eligible bachelor of Bollywood had to deal with the question of him getting married. So as the press waited eagerly to hear a reply from Salman, he preferred not revealing any detail at all. “That is such a unique question. I am wondering how to answer it. I have an answer in my mind but I won`t let you know it,” said Salman.
`Dabangg 2` is slated to hit the marquee on December 21, 2012.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!