Just pray for me that my earnings rise, says Salman Khan
New Delhi: Salman Khan was recently in the capital to promote `Dabangg 2` along with his brother, Arbaaz Khan who is making his directorial debut with the film. As he sat in the lush gardens of a prominent Delhi hotel to address the media, he was instantly bombarded with questions related to the film, his rising popularity and pay package and of course, his marriage plans. As usual, Salman stuck to his out-of-the-ordinary way of handling the questions raised during the occasion.
The actor was asked if the audiences can expect to watch `Dabangg 3` in near future. Salman chose to reply thus: “Before `Dabangg 2` we had already planned for `Dabangg 3`. We will see how `Dabangg 2` fares at the Box Office. If the movie does well and if Arbaaz is still interested in working with me, we will make `Dabangg 3`. If he is not interested in working with me then I will make `Dabangg 3` myself.”
The trend of actors getting into film direction is not a new one and Arbaaz Khan stands as a live example in this case. But Salman, who has been acting for more than two decades now, feels that he will wear the director`s hat only when he feels he has acted enough.
The `Dabangg` actor who will be reprising the role of a fearless and ‘bad –ass’ police man in the sequel to the first installment of the 2010 hit-film, told the reporters that he loved working in `Dabangg 2` more.
“I enjoyed both the films equally. Actually, `Dabangg 2` mein double maza aya,” said Salman.
When Salman was questioned on his increasing bankability, given the fact that his films are easily getting into the Rs 100 crore club, sarcasm dripped from the actor`s answer.
“Are you being jealous (that I am earning more)? Are you not feeling good about it or are you happy? Just pray for me that my earnings rise,” the actor said.
So, considering the surge in his saleability, is it fair to judge that Salman Khan`s name is more than enough to turn the film into a hit? Salman begged to differ in this case.
“If that is true then should I re-release my old (flop) movies? If you take the guarantee that those flop film would work now, then I can do that. I can name those movies.” argued Salman.
Like always, even this time the most eligible bachelor of Bollywood had to deal with the question of him getting married. So as the press waited eagerly to hear a reply from Salman, he preferred not revealing any detail at all. “That is such a unique question. I am wondering how to answer it. I have an answer in my mind but I won`t let you know it,” said Salman.
`Dabangg 2` is slated to hit the marquee on December 21, 2012.
comments powered by Disqus
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- Shocking! Punjab ASI gets dragged along with car to catch drug peddler
- Kashmir crisis: J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi
- Cheating in examination center in Madhya Pradesh - Watch
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- LG G6 India launch today: Here's everything you need to know
- 7th Pay Commission: Final report on allowances in next few days, maximum HRA likely to be Rs 60,000
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Narendra Modi, says no talks until stone-pelting, retaliation by security forces ends in J&K
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?