Know what you should look in for a pre bridal package
A queen for the day, a bride is the center of attention, the cynosure of all eyes. Her beauty is admired by everyone around and especially by the groom who can barely keep his eyes off her. It`s an occasion worthy of all the time and attention that is devoted on making the bride look her gorgeous best.
The Indian bride has come a long way from getting ready for her big day with the help of a few friends and family. Today, she travels across the globe and is well informed about the latest in the world of fashion and beauty. She knows what she wants and she won’t settle for anything but the best. Salons across the board have happily obliged by creating elaborate pre-bridal packages that can start from a few months before the wedding to just a few days for a time-strapped bride. The preparation to achieve what a bride’s heart desires needs planning, time and correct consultation so it’s advisable to take a 6 month package.
While looking at the options for salons keep a few things in mind before zeroing on one. Always try and opt for a salon that comes recommended by a friend or a family member, someone who was very happy with the services offered. You should also look at photographs of other brides at the salon to understand what their makeup artists have to offer. A once in a lifetime occasion requires a complete attention to details and a thorough understanding of how you want to look that day. It is ideal to set up a trial makeup session before hand, to test out and finalize the look you want with your wedding outfits.
As you D-day approaches, a million things will demand your attention, so choose a place that will provide you with all the facilities under one roof. Another factor to consider is the hygiene levels of the salon you go to- make sure you check the entire area out before you sign up for anything. Finally, look at the cost versus value while weighing your options. You want a salon that comes within your budget while offering you quality service.
For those with serious skin concerns, opt for a salon that has a skin specialist on board for consultation. At Alps Beauty Clinic, we have a certified doctor on board who will help assess and understand your skin concerns and recommend treatments/medication for the same. This helps tackle all the issues on a long term basis and help you retain a healthy complexion long after the wedding is over. Although most salons will offer different packages, there are a few services that must be a part of the deal to ensure that your basic face, body and hair concerns are taken care of.
Here are a few things all brides should look for in the pre-bridal package:
• One of the first things to schedule is once-a-month bleaching treatment at the salon. Running around shopping for your trousseau and various other chores that a bride must do, is bound to expose your skin to the sun very frequently. This leaves it tanned, uneven and dry.
• Milk based bleach is the best option available since it is nourishing and also helps improve the texture. All the stress and the jangled nerves can also make you skin more sensitive and prone to reaction which is another reason milk based bleach is better as it’s gentler on your skin.
• No amount of makeup can replace the radiance of healthy and beautiful skin. Ensure you get correct skin assessment from the in-house doctor at the salon and get regular treatments and cleansing procedures to fix any nagging skin problems.
• Those of you who have normal skin without a lot of concerns should opt for a facial at least once in two months. Facials help deep cleanse your skin along with relaxing massage to improve the circulation making you look naturally radiant. Gold Facials are an ideal option for enhancing the glow on your skin and you should get the last one 2-3 days prior to your wedding.
• Keep your eyebrows groomed and upper lips threaded at regular intervals. Girls who are encumbered by excessive hair on their face should get IPL (Intense pulsed laser) treatments done. It will reduce the hair growth over a few sittings and you can stay hassle free even during your honeymoon.
• Wedding is an occasion to flaunt your designer trousseau with elegance and confidence. This confidence comes from knowing that you are in your best shape. Those who want to lose weight should get a diet consultation and enroll in a gym at least 6 months prior to the wedding. This will ensure you lose weight in a healthy manner without resorting to crash diets that will take the glow away from your face.
• It is also important to take care of the skin on your body. Regular exfoliation and body polish treatments help scrub the dead skins off your body making it look young and leave you feeling very soft.
• A deep massage with aromatic oils is always recommended post the scrub as it will absorb the oil much better. A weekly session of massage combined with aromatherapy lend a nice fragrance to your body. It will also help sooth your mind and body giving you some moments of clam in the chaos that usually surrounds Indian weddings!
• Get a body pack a few days before the wedding, to help add a nice sheen to your skin. Just as for face, milk bleach is also recommended for your body to help remove the uneven skin tone caused by prolonged exposure to sun and also to nourish the skin.
• Body wax is always available with all packages and you should get it done 2-3 days before the wedding.
• You can also go for a bikini wax which is a neater and more hygienic option than shaving or hair removal creams.
• Today, there are different types of waxes available in the markets that are more effective. Chocolate wax by far is the best option. Not only does it remove hair more efficiently but it also makes you feel and smell nice. Chocolate wax also leaves your skin more smooth, which in combination with the scrubs and pack will leave your skin feeling as soft as a baby.
• Gunjan Gaur, Executive Director for Alps adds a word of caution, "Never get body wax, body scrub and bleach on the same day. Always have a gap of at least one day between each of these treatments."
3) HANDS AND FEET –
• Your hand and feet get a lot of attention during various ceremonies like the engagement and mehndi. Regular manicures and pedicures at a gap of 15 days will help keep your nails clean, your skin soft and indulging in small treatments regularly will keep you feeling relaxed and smiling as days inch closer to the wedding date.
• "Those who have extremely chapped skin on their hand and feet should get an additional paraffin wax pack applied to smooth out the skin in these areas" advises Ishika Taneja, Executive Director, Alps Clinic and Academy. With your skin feeling this soft, showing of your engagement ring to friends and family or holding hands with your partner on dates will add to your happy memories.
• For the nails, Nail art has come up in a big way in the last few years and you can add -ceremonies.
• There is also an option of permanent nail paint available that will ensure you put your best foot ( and hand) forward at all times, be it meeting your fiancée or his family members or just going out with friends to celebrate.
• Don`t fret if your nails chip off, through nail culture you can get broken nails fixed and you can maintain the desired length. Get two coats of your favorite nail paint 2-3 days before the wedding day and you are all set!
• Healthy and shiny hair will let you experiment with different hairstyles for the different ceremonies that last a few days. Damaged and frizzy hair are very difficult to style so it’s important to work on improving the quality of your hair before hand to ensure that your hair can add an element of charisma to your personality.
• Make sure you are in good hands and have a consultation included in the package with a hair expert who will assess the treatment you need. We usually recommend regular spa treatments for everyone but those who have extremely damaged or dandruff prone hair or have a lot of split ends are recommended specific treatments like power dose.
• Girls who have grey hair, should opt for hair colour but if you are experimenting with colors then apply it a minimum of 10 days in advance. Apart from this, the hair stylist should give you a very manageable yet trendy hair style that ensure you never lose your charm even post the wedding day.
Weddings bring with them a lot of stress, nerves and late nights but you should feel relaxed, calm and happy throughout so you can enjoy to the capacity and let your inner happiness reflect on your radiant skin. You can also head off to a weekend getaway spa with a few friends away from the bustling city as you get ready to step in the limelight for your D-day.
(The author is the Director of ALPS Clinic and Academy)
comments powered by Disqus
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog