Maha to survey about lifestyle-related diseases
Mumbai: Maharashtra Health Department has decided to conduct a survey in 35 districts of the state to collect data pertaining to lifestyle-related diseases.
The government had earlier conducted three health surveys -- in 1998-99, 2002-2004 and 2007-08. The fourth phase of the health survey was launched yesterday by Additional Chief Secretary (Health) J K Banthia here.
"Under this survey, tests would be conducted for anaemia, diabetes, blood pressure, etc. Apart from this, issues like precautions that women need to take before and after giving birth to a child, vaccinations, child health will be surveyed. The role of private and public hospitals in reproduction and child care would also be surveyed," the press statement issued here said.
Every family would be provided a health card based on the health check-ups and these cards would be freely distributed by the health department, it added.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched