Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer
Mumbai: Celebrity designer Manish Malhotra has been named the grand finale designer for Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter-Festive 2011, scheduled Aug 16-21 here.
Manish had also been the grand finale designer in 1999 and in 2007. This year, he will bring to life long-wear makeup range, Lakme Absolute.
Revolutionizing costume design and introducing the concept of styling in Bollywood films has made Manish one of the most recognised names in the fashion industry globally. Synonymous with contemporary Indian wear, he is known to create glamorous ensembles with Indian colour and textures combined with international fashion sensibilities.
"My association with Lakme began more than a decade ago with the first Lakme Grand Finale show and it has only strengthened over the years. I`m very excited to once again present my new collection at the Grand Finale this season.
"My winter festive collection would showcase contemporary Indian evening wear garments. Lakme Absolute is inspired by the contemporary Indian woman who effortlessly plays myriad set of roles across her personal and professional life. Akin to my style, the collection adapts contemporary fashion to the needs of the Indian woman," Manish said in a statement.
comments powered by Disqus
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir