Morari Bapu fetes Waheeda Rehman on Hanuman Jayanti
Hanuman Jayanti was celebrated at Morari Bapu’s Chitrakoot Dham of Talgajarda village, Mahuva district in Gujarat on Friday.
The four-day cultural and literary programme culminated on Hanuman Jayanti when persons hailing from diverse fields of achievement were awarded. Among the prominent recipients of the awards this year were yesteryear’s Bollywood actress Waheeda Rehman and well known singer-duo Rajan and Sajan Mishra. An award was also posthumously conferred on sarangi maestro Late Ustad Sultan Khan.
Speaking on the auspicious occasion, Morari Bapu pointed out lines from the Hanuman Chalisa verifying the presence of the eight literary rasas [aesthetics – including Sringara (attractiveness), Hasya (mirth), Raudra (fury), Karunya (compassion), Bibhatsa (aversion), Bhayanaka (terror), Vira (Herosim) and Adbhuta (wonderment)] in Lord Hanuman. He also elucidated that Lord Ram’s foremost Bhakta had only chosen Madhurya (sweetness) from six rasas (tastes) of food. That is the reason why Sita had told him to pick sweet fruits from the Ashok Vatika to eat.
Besides these, Bapu said the following Rasas, as per his understanding, were present in Hanuman ji:
Moreover, Lord Hanuman did not ever say or do anything without reason.
Calling him: “Atulit bal Dhamum hemshalbhdeham, danuj-van-krishanam Gyani-namagar-ganyamum Sakal-guna-nidhanam vanara-nam-dhisham Raghupati-priyam-Bhagtam Vatjatam Namami” (The repository of immeasurable strength, possessing the body like a mountain of Gold, the fire to consume the forest of demonism, the foremost among the wise and mine of virtues, I bow to the Lord of monkeys, Ambassador of Lord Ram), Bapu explained particularly that Hanuman ji intended to root out demonism and not demons.
Bapu also said that Lord Hanuman belongs to all, being the son of Varuna or Air. The Ramayana orator has consistently rejected views that women cannot worship Hanuman, just because he had chosen to remain a bachelor. Nor are any people from any particular caste, creed or religion barred from revering the Monkey God.
Symbolically, Bapu got the Hanuman aarti (ritual of waving lamps) conducted by a young girl from a Dalit family.
Each year, for over a decade, Morari Bapu has been hosting a literary and cultural extravaganza called Asmita Parva. Litterateurs, artists and poets gather in the coastal town of Mahuva to engage in intellectual discussions during the day and enjoy traditional cultural performances at night.
The programme is in keeping with the Hanuman ji’s refined taste for literature and artistic inclination for music and dance.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pakistan is a 'well of death' says Uzma Ahmed
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- Andhra Pradesh: Man hacked to death in broad daylight
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- Noida: Armed robbers kill man, rape 4 women of his family
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- Virender Sehwag's tweet on Uzma Ahmed sums up everything that's good about India
- Court nullifies Hindu woman's marriage with Muslim man as she converted to Islam at 'behest of ISIS'
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found