Number of cancer cases on the rise in Himachal Pradesh
Shimla: The number of cancer cases has risen to 23,241 in Himachal Pradesh with the addition of 2,471 cases during 2011-12, Health Minister Rajiv Bindal told the state Assembly today.
Replying to a question by Inder Singh (BJP), Bindal said these included 623 cases of Respiratory and Intra-thoracic organ cancer cases, 519 cases of gentio urinary organ cancer, 478 cases of digestive track, 302 cases of bone, skin and breast cancer, 179 cases of oral cancer and 370 of other types of cancer.
These patients are undergoing treatment at the Government Medical Colleges (IGMC), Shimla and Dr R P Government Medical college, Tanda and the state government was conducting the National Cancer Control Programmes to create awareness and identify new cases.
During past three years, Rs 1.21 crore have been spent on these programmes in Chamba, Kinnuar and Lahaul Spiti districts where geriatric centres have been established and 48,000 people were tested for cancer and 2,471 new cases were registered in 2011-12 while the number cases had risen from 16,405 in 2009 to 19,705 in 2010.
The Health Minister also informed that 2,992 drug samples were taken during last three years to ascertain the quality under drug and cosmetics Act and in 66 cases, the drugs were found to be sub-standard and adulterated.
He said that 18 people were convicted, 12 others were acquitted, 36 cases were pending in the courts and 133 cases were under adjudication.
Bindal said that 695 cases were registered during 2001 and 2002 under food safety and standard Act and prevention of food adulteration Act.
comments powered by Disqus
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Suicide bombings in Baghdad: Over 20 killed, 50 injured in series of attacks
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic