Obesity becoming an epidemic in India
Gurgaon: India has 2.7 billion people suffering from nutritional disorders, out of which 50 billion suffer from morbid obesity, a leading surgeon said Friday.
But unfortunately there were few centres of excellence to perform "demanding and highly technical operations" to tackle obesity, Mahendra Narwaria said here.
He was speaking ahead of an event organised by the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) and the Asian Bariatric, Ahmadabad, starting Saturday.
Haryana Health Minister Rao Narendra Singh will inaugurate the conference.
comments powered by Disqus
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'