Perception of beauty gave us strength: Mrs India Queen of Substance 2016 Deepika Kumar
They often say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder! We all see those beautiful faces on the ramp and aspire to reach such heights. While some achieve their goals, others opt for a different route and then there are people like Deepika Kumar, for whom marriage isn't a hindrance to winning a beauty pageant.
In an exclusive interview with Ritika Handoo of Zee News Online, Kumar talks about her personal life and how the beauty contest win made her look at herself in a never-seen-before avatar.
Tell us more about your pageant win
The pageant was hosted by Adiva Innovations ,'Mrs India Queen of Substance 2016' in association with their philanthropy partner HCWA,to promote women leadership. I felt all the participants were role models for married women. Their perception of beauty gave strength to womenfolk with the 'I Can Do' attitude even after entering matrimony. All of us had a unique quality which made us stand apart.
There was healthy competition but at the same time we supported each other. It was like a mini family for us since we were away from our homes for 3 whole days. A lot of pressure was felt to perform well, which pushed us to do our best. I was even surprised to see how I pushed myself so hard to perform and overcome my fears on stage.
How has the experience enriched your personality?
Whenever you participate in such pageants, it certainly gives you more exposure and makes you self confident. The feeling that 'yes you can achieve something in life' is indescribable. Having said that I do realise that looks aren't everything, you can be pretty and know nothing. What is more important is how you are from inside; that is what shines through and I feel that the judges can see and feel that too!
Did you always dream of making it big in the glamour world?
Not really! My inspiration came from my friends who always encouraged me to go for it. So, I gave it a try, and I guess I was there to just have a good time and absorb the experience. What I achieved was just a beautiful gift along with a bouquet of memories and whole bunch of new friends!
What are your future plans?
I hope I get to work for a worthy cause, something which I can talk about and share with my grandchildren!
Any special message for married women, who aspire to win the pageant?
Live your life to the fullest as we all are unique. Just like no rain drop is similar to the next one falling, that's exactly how we all are. There is a light inside waiting to shine through, so appreciate yourself for who you are!
comments powered by Disqus
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!