PF-related complaints piling up at DPG
Pankaj Sharma/Zee Research Group/Delhi
It appears that Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is the most difficult government department to deal with for employees in the country. Provident fund management has sprung up as a major concern area in view of maximum complaints received against EPFO.
According to the latest data of the Directorate of Public Grievance (DPG), under the Cabinet Secretariat, there has been observed a sharp increase in grievances related to Provident Fund (PF) management during the last two years.
In contrast, tourism related complaints from citizens have been minimal with just one complaint arising between 2011 and 2013.
Between June 26, 2011 and March 31, 2013, a whopping 990 complaints related to PF had been submitted at DPG. Next on the complaint list are regional passport offices and banking department that have reported 603 and 332 complaints respectively during the period under review.
The DPG in the Cabinet Secretariat works to resolve citizen’s grievances on matters relating to some central government departments and ministries. Presently, public grievances of 20 central government organizations are being handled by DPG.
Based on the gravity of the complaint, DPG seeks comments from the concerned department which is expected to examine the matter and give a reply within six weeks and in any case not later than three months. Cases on which comments are sought are closed in DPG with the approval of Secretary (Coordination & Public Grievances) in Cabinet Secretariat who heads DPG.
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble