PF-related complaints piling up at DPG
Pankaj Sharma/Zee Research Group/Delhi
It appears that Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) is the most difficult government department to deal with for employees in the country. Provident fund management has sprung up as a major concern area in view of maximum complaints received against EPFO.
According to the latest data of the Directorate of Public Grievance (DPG), under the Cabinet Secretariat, there has been observed a sharp increase in grievances related to Provident Fund (PF) management during the last two years.
In contrast, tourism related complaints from citizens have been minimal with just one complaint arising between 2011 and 2013.
Between June 26, 2011 and March 31, 2013, a whopping 990 complaints related to PF had been submitted at DPG. Next on the complaint list are regional passport offices and banking department that have reported 603 and 332 complaints respectively during the period under review.
The DPG in the Cabinet Secretariat works to resolve citizen’s grievances on matters relating to some central government departments and ministries. Presently, public grievances of 20 central government organizations are being handled by DPG.
Based on the gravity of the complaint, DPG seeks comments from the concerned department which is expected to examine the matter and give a reply within six weeks and in any case not later than three months. Cases on which comments are sought are closed in DPG with the approval of Secretary (Coordination & Public Grievances) in Cabinet Secretariat who heads DPG.
comments powered by Disqus
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you