Quick doc tips to ensure safe Holi for you!
Zee Research Group/ Delhi
It’s ‘Holi’ all over, the time for celebration and to fill your life with colors and loads of happiness. But it is also extremely necessary to play a safe ‘Holi’ as the colors might have serious effects on your health. Here is a quick compilation of recommendations by health experts on precautions to be taken before you start playing Holi.
1. Dr. Amarendra Kumar, Dermatologist at Dermaclinix, Delhi
• Before going to play Holi, you should apply moisturizer on your skin.
• Use herbal colors and natural colors prepared from vegetables and flowers.
• Avoid usage of paints and varnishes as these can damage your skin.
• Avoid the contact of colors with eyes as it can have adverse effect on eye sight leading to the loss of complete vision at times.
• After playing Holi, while you are taking a bath, don’t try to scrub your skin vigorously as it might damage your skin.
• Try to wear full sleeve clothes as colors will get absorbed.
2. Dr. Rishi Parashar, Senior dermatologist at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
• Apply sunscreen and moisturizer all over the body as it will help the colors not to stick to the body.
• Protect your scalp by wearing a cap and apply hair oil before playing holi as it will not allow colors to stick and damage the hair.
• Preferably wear dark glasses to protect your eyes.
• Wear cotton clothes as it will help in tossing away the colors.
• Do not allow colors to go inside your mouth as it might damage your teeth.
3. Dr. Verinder Anand, Consultant, Internal Medicine, Moolchand Medcity
• Wear comfortable clothes that cover you up to protect maximum parts of your body from colors.
• Apply oil-based moisturizer/baby oil all over the body to prevent colors affecting your skin directly.
• Apply Vaseline/petroleum jelly around your nails, feet, and elbows behind your ears to avoid color clogging.
• Use a lip balm to protect your lips.
• To prevent hair damage, apply generous layer of oil and leave-in conditioner before you step out. Tie your hair to avoid excess damage.
• Before going on a Holi party, ensure that you have a good breakfast. Try to have salad and fruits during the day that you don’t suffer from constipation.
• Wear sunglasses to safeguard from colored water thrown directly from pichkari or pistols which may lead to burning, irritation, pain and sometimes serious eye injuries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai