Saif has not proposed to me till date: Kareena
Bollywood stars Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan talk about love, personal life and their new flick ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’ in a free-wheeling chat with Swati Chaturvedi at her show Kahiye Janab. Here are the excerpts:
Q: Can you tell us about your role in your latest film?
Kareena: I feel in ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’ my role is totally different from my earlier roles, which I essayed in films like ‘Ra.One’, ‘Bodyguard’ and ‘Golmaal’ in 2011. In these films, my role is more of a desi girl, but in EMAET, I have portrayed the role of a modern girl.
Q: What do you mean by desi?
Kareena: By desi, I mean to say the way your fans like to see you onscreen - in traditional Indian costumes – wearing Kurta Salwar and Dupatta etc.
Q: Are you really a desi girl?
Kareena: I am a good mix of both.
Q: Do you agree with Kareena? (Referring to Imran)
Imran: Yeah, she is a mix. But her ‘desipana’ is natural. However, she has now become international as Saif often takes her to Switzerland and other outdoor locations.
Kareena: Saif is also a desi boy and likes a traditional girl. I agree that he is too modern some times but loves to see me draped in a sari. You won’t believe; he sometimes gets upset with me if I attend parties too regularly.
Q Is he possessive about you?
Kareena: Not at all.
Q: Imran, are you happy that you don’t have an actress wife?
Imran: I feel more comfortable with my wife Avantika as she is not an actress.
Kareena: It doesn’t matter that you and your partner both are actors. You can always strike a good balance between your work and personal life.
Q: How do you handle physicality and ego with your co-actors onscreen?
Kareena: It does not matter much. However, when I am working with Saif, it hardly matters since both of us are in love with other so no ego comes in between.
Q: What about your onscreen chemistry with Kareena in this film?
Imran: I have been in the industry for 3 years but I have always wanted to work with Kareena. On the very first day of shooting, I was a little nervous as she is more experienced and successful than me in the film industry.
Q: Did you go to Harvard for any course?
Kareena: I am the only Kapoor girl, who is well-studied. I went to Harvard for only 3 months to attend a summer school. Prior to my entry in films, I always wanted to be a lawyer.
Q: According to you, who is the most talented actress in the industry?
Q Among your contemporary actors
Kareena: Priyanka is really talented.
Q: Any film in which you have career-deciding role?
Imran: Not yet. You can’t do much about flops and hits. You don’t have to worry about these things.
Kareena: Irrespective of the position where I stand today, I do admit that I have also given flop films in my career. You can’t ignore my flop films.
Q: Has Saif proposed to you?
Kareena: Saif has not proposed to me till date but media has put a lot of pressure on him.
Adapted by Ajeet Kumar
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- 24-year old biker dies while speeding near Delhi's Mandi House
- SC orders NIA to investigate Kerala 'love jihad' case
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- J&K: LeT commander Ayub Lelhari gunned down in encounter in Pulwama
- Rohith Vemula was a troubled individual, didn’t commit suicide over Hyderabad Central University action: Inquiry Commission
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar's impressive social drama is UNSTOPPABLE at Box Office
- Reward for locating 'missing' Sonia Gandhi: Posters emerge in Rae Bareli
- Trinamool Congress sweeps West Bengal civic polls; BJP wins 6 wards, CPI(M), Congress fail to open account