Spinal cord cell that could act as stem cell discovered
Washington: A group of scientists has discovered a new spinal cord cell, which will function as a stem cell to facilitate the treatments of spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease).
Lead researcher Jane Roskams of the University of British Columbia and Vancouver Coastal Health said the cell has the ability to regenerate portions of the central nervous system.
The radial glial cells, which had never previously been found in an adult spinal cord, vastly outnumber other potential stem cells in the spinal cord and are much more accessible.
The findings were published online in PLoS One.
comments powered by Disqus
- Patna sex racket: Non bailable warrant against Bihar Congress leader Brijesh Pandey
- People who demand proof for surgical strike are fools, says Paresh Rawal
- DNA: Passengers on Tejas Express steal headphones, damage screens
- Does India deserve the best facilities? Tejas Express defiled after first day of operations
- 17-year-old boy develops unique slipper called 'Electroshoe' for women's safety
- Rajasthan Board 12th Arts Result 2017: Check RBSE 12th Class Arts Result at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in
- WBBSE Results 2017: www.wbresults.nic.in WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 to be declared soon
- WBBSE Result 2017: West Bengal Madhyamik Result/WBBSE Madhyamik (Class 10) Results 2017 declared; check www.wbresults.nic.in
- HSC Result 2017: mahresult.nic.in Maharashtra HSC Result 2017 to be declared by May 30, 2017
- Wreckage of Indian Air Force's missing Sukhoi Su-30 fighter jet found