Spot-fixing: Know the 5 players banned by BCCI
New Delhi: Shalabh Srivastava, Mohnish Mishra, TP Sudhindra, Abhinav Bali, Amit Sharma suspended by BCCI after allegations of spot fixing. Here is a brief bio of the five players:
TP Sudhindra - Taduri Prakash Sudhindra was the highest wicket taker of the 2011-12 Ranji Season playing for Madhya Pradesh. In the IPL, TP was representing Deccan Chargers and this was his debut IPL season. According to the TV channel sting operation, TP had admitted of spot fixing during a local Indore cricket tourney. The 28-year old was also the part of the ICL and played for the team Delhi Gaints. After making his debut in 2005, TP had played 27 first class matches picking up 108 wickets at an avg. of 22.61. During the 2011-12 Ranji season the medium pacer got 40 wickets at an average of 18.70.
Shalabh Srivastava – The medium pacer was the highest wicket taker in the U-19 World Cup in 2000. The Allahabad pacer has played 41 first class matches for UP. He was a part of the ICL tournament after which he was picked up by the Kings XI Punjab. He used to be a regular feature for the Mohali-based team in 2010 – 2011 but is yet to play a game for KXIP this season.
Mohnish Mishra – A lower middle order batsman, Mishra made his first class debut for Madhya Pradesh against Railways in 2000/01 at the age of 16. He was banned by BCCI for joining the ICL but after getting an amnesty from the board he returned to the domestic scene . He was signed up for the IPL by Deccan Chargers in 2010 and in 2011 he got a new contract with the new IPL franchise Pune Warriors India. He had a highly successful first-class season in 2010/11 as he accumulated 718 runs in 9 matches at an average of 59.83. He has so far played 31 first class matches 1929 runs at an avg. of 44.86.
Abhinav Bali - Abhinav Bali, who plays cricket as a batsman, was born on June 2, 1985, in Delhi, India. He was a part of ICL and played with the team Delhi Giants. He has represented Delhi and Delhi U-16 and has an experience of playing 13 first class matches with a batting avg. of 32.88. He had made his first class debut for Delhi against Andra Pradesh in 2004.
Amit Yadav– The right-arm offbreak bowler represents Goa in the first class and was signed by Kings XI Punjab in IPL. He is yet to make an IPL debut. He made his first class debut against Vidharba in 2009 and so far played 14 first class matches and 20 List A fixtures. He has 41 wickets at an avg. of 23.75 in the longer version of the game and 21 wickets at an avg. of 36.85 in List A.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket