The Delhi rape accused should be jailed for life: Salman Khan
New Delhi: The capital of India is under shock due to the South Delhi rape of a girl that happened two days back. While the denizens of the nation are offering condolences to the victim who is battling for life in the hospital, Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan too are not far behind to show their concern about the increasing crime rate in the city.
When asked about what should be done in this case, Salman said, “The accused must be punished very harshly and as soon as possible. Rape is the most third grade crime when these rapists are beaten up even in jail.”
The celebrity siblings were quizzed whether the decision taken by the Delhi Commisioner of Police to request the government to give death sentence to the crime accused is agreeable. The question was tactfully answered by Arbaaz: “I don`t know whether this is the platform to discuss such a serious topic. It is not a casual discussion that we exchange our ideas. There are people who are assigned the task to decide what should be done in this case. It is not like today Salman is going to sit here and decide what should be done. We all have different opinions about different crimes. Therefore, the law should deal with this case in a proper way and whatever punishment is suitable in this scenario, should be given to the guilty.”
Salman, on the other hand, had a different take on the kind of punishment that is to be given to the criminals. “See, impulsively one would say that the accused should be killed but the thing is that they should be jailed for life so that they realise how heinous their crime was. Second option could be counselling the accused,” reasoned the actor.
The `Dabangg` actor also added, “Everyone needs to be dabangg (fearless). In fact, whoever watches the crime in action, but do nothing to save victim except filming it through their mobile phones and shutting up, it is they who should be punished the most.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda