The Delhi rape accused should be jailed for life: Salman Khan
New Delhi: The capital of India is under shock due to the South Delhi rape of a girl that happened two days back. While the denizens of the nation are offering condolences to the victim who is battling for life in the hospital, Bollywood actors Salman Khan and Arbaaz Khan too are not far behind to show their concern about the increasing crime rate in the city.
When asked about what should be done in this case, Salman said, “The accused must be punished very harshly and as soon as possible. Rape is the most third grade crime when these rapists are beaten up even in jail.”
The celebrity siblings were quizzed whether the decision taken by the Delhi Commisioner of Police to request the government to give death sentence to the crime accused is agreeable. The question was tactfully answered by Arbaaz: “I don`t know whether this is the platform to discuss such a serious topic. It is not a casual discussion that we exchange our ideas. There are people who are assigned the task to decide what should be done in this case. It is not like today Salman is going to sit here and decide what should be done. We all have different opinions about different crimes. Therefore, the law should deal with this case in a proper way and whatever punishment is suitable in this scenario, should be given to the guilty.”
Salman, on the other hand, had a different take on the kind of punishment that is to be given to the criminals. “See, impulsively one would say that the accused should be killed but the thing is that they should be jailed for life so that they realise how heinous their crime was. Second option could be counselling the accused,” reasoned the actor.
The `Dabangg` actor also added, “Everyone needs to be dabangg (fearless). In fact, whoever watches the crime in action, but do nothing to save victim except filming it through their mobile phones and shutting up, it is they who should be punished the most.”
comments powered by Disqus
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre