The ‘Son of Sardaar’-‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ clash is not unfortunate: Shah Rukh Khan
Delhi: The fact that Shah Rukh Khan is the King of Romance as far as the Hindi film industry is concerned is pretty well-known by now. For years now, the actor has charmed women with his dimpled smile; he has made many others swoon over him merely with one look of his, and at times, has shown to the world what it is like when love turns into obsession. King Khan is one actor who’ll surely be remembered for his romances on screen - jab tak hai jaan!
Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma were here for a press conference recently. On being asked whether or not ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ was Shah Rukh’s last romantic movie, as earlier it was heard, the actor seemed to receive a bolt from the blue. “This is Yash Chopraji’s last film – not mine! These are all lies!” smiles the actor.
“When it comes to romantic films, there’s no better person to do them if not Yashji. Now that he’s no more, as far as the genre of Yash Chopra films are concerned, this could be my last film – this is what I’d said – not that ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ is my last romantic film! It’s a joke, it’s a joke, it’s a joke!” adds Khan with a laugh.
On being asked whether he’d romance girls jab tak hai jaan, pat comes the superstar’s reply: “Jab tak is duniya mein ladkiya hain (As long as there are women on the earth!)!”
The grapevine has recently been abuzz with Salman Khan’s alleged reaction to the clash of the releases of ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and ‘Son of Sardaar’. Salman, allegedly, had said that he’d make sure that his film competes with Shah Rukh’s next Diwali release, ‘Chennai Express’, which is supposed to hit the screens Diwali 2013. King Khan was unusually cool and composed while answering the million-dollar question.
Addressing the clash, Shah Rukh said,“Firstly, Bollywood is never cleanly divided into two parts – one for ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and the other for ‘Son of Sardaar’. Sure, there have been controversies regarding the clash of the two films; but when one is with a film, they love their own film and the same is true for others too. However, we cannot afford to consider ourselves so huge that others’ films appear puny in front of us. I feel it is normal professionalism to support one’s own film. Speaking about professionalism, I feel you’re misinformed. There’s no release date of ‘Chennai Express’ yet. I don’t think any person, any co-actor, any actor or any colleague could make a comment like this. Yes, there have been issues between the two producers and they both have the right to deal with it. We wouldn’t really remove ourselves from that legal part, no matter how much we would have liked it to be otherwise. It is not unfortunate that two films are coming together: we’ll make the best of it; both the films.”
‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and ‘Son of Sardaar’ have been at the rallying point of several controversies in the recent past, and there have been notices issued to the producers, legal stuff flying here and there and so on. However, all three of the actors of ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ appeared quite unperturbed about the same. Both films release on November 13, 2012; i.e. this Diwali, and as they say – only time will be able to decide which one does better. For now, let anticipation and expectations rule!
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: India's strategic plan to extinguish terrorism from Kashmir
- CBSE Class XII results: Amity International School, Noida's Raksha Gopal tops with 99.6%
- Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Bhat killed in Kashmir
- Man brutally beaten to death by woman in Ghaziabad for obscene phone calls
- Exclusive Interview: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- CHSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha class 12th Result 2017, Odisha +2 Results 2017 to be declared soon; check orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in
- orissaresults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in - CHSE Odisha +2 Arts, Commerce Results 2017 to be declared shortly; CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam Results 2017, Orissa Class 12 Results 2017
- CBSE class 12 results: Here's topper Raksha Gopal's marksheet; it is going viral - This is UNBELIEVABLE!
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Warm-up: India vs New Zealand — As it happened...
- Zika virus in India: Symptoms, treatment and protective measures you need to follow!