Top 10 summer travel destinations!
Already the naughty yellow Sun is harassing the sweaty travellers, hinting that it is summer time again. The only way to escape the hot-dusty wind and the scathing Sun is to head for some cool travel destinations in India and make the most of this season.
Manali: If you are yearning for an extended winter season and thinking of stunning sceneries, lush green valleys, snow-capped mountains, murmuring rivers then Manali is your place. Go for it!
Coorg: Poets say that Coorg has a timeless quality about it. The hill station is a unique blend of fascinating past, captivating natural beauty and great cuisine. Set against verdant valleys, imposing mountains and teak wood forests, this is one amazing destination.
Ooty: Beautifully nestled in the Nilgiri Hills, Ooty has been one of the favourite destinations of summer travelers since long. South India’s most popular hill station is truly a traveler’s delight, when it comes to natural beauty and exuberant ambience.
Matheran: A relatively lesser-known destination, Matheran is a quiet hill station located on the Sahyadri range, at an altitude of 800 mts. Still unexplored and ethereal, the place is the perfect getaway to take a walk in the woods or to get in touch with yourself.
Srinagar: Srinagar or Jannat acquires stunning hues in the season. Set around the picturesque Dal Lake, where houseboats or shikharas, carry tourists on boat rides around, this lovely hill resort is an ideal summer getaway.
Goa: Go Goa, if you want to leave behind the sweltering heat and yearn for laidback culture, sun kissed beaches, gothic churches and rocking nightlife. One of the most idyllic destinations in India, the place offers some great hotel packages, which will be easy on your pocket too.
Mahabaleshwar: If you want romance back in your life or want to explore spirituality, head towards Mahabaleshwar. Hailed as the Queen of Maharashtra`s hill stations, Mahabaleshwar is cradled in the Sahyadri ranges and is unique for its historical and religious significance.
Kodaikanal: A quiet retreat, Kodaikanal or Kodai, is situated on the southern ridge of the Palani hills in Tamil Nadu. It’s a blissful place where rows and rows of silky pine trees sloping down to clear, cold streams, foamy mist and spectacular views would surely take you breath away.
Munnar: Revive your spirits with a mix of relaxation and adventure amidst splendid landscapes. Munnar is a beautiful getaway landscaped with tea plantations, hills, lakes, forests and winding walks – certainly a getaway to remember.
Shimla: An amazing destination, Shimla is not only a beautiful hill-station but exudes class! A mix of British elegance and Indian magnificence, Shimla is one destination to go for a memorable summer trip.
comments powered by Disqus
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- Congress hails Supreme Court's judgement against triple talaq
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing