Top performers of IPL 2012 so far
IPL extravaganza has begun in a grand fashion, throwing up some nail-biting contests and has produced some great performances both with the bat and ball. From Ajinkya Rahane to Faf du Plessis and Munaf Patel to Sunil Narine, cricketers from all over the planet have provided wholesome entertainment to the fans and this is just the beginning of the IPL jamboree.
Here we take a look at the top performer of the IPL so far:
Top three Batsmen
Ajinkya Rahane has set the ball rolling in the fifth edition of IPL with his blazing match-winning knocks of 98 and 102* for Rajasthan Royals. The orange cap holder has set the stage on fire accumulating boundaries at breathtaking pace. The Mumbai lad who was with Mumbai Indians for the first three editions didn’t get many chances to play. However, this year right from the first match against KXI, he has been the highest run scorer and in 7 games so far has scored 319 runs at 53.16 including a century.
Faf du Plessis
The South African recruit of Chennai Super Kings, Francois du Plessis or ‘Faf’ has joined the IPL bandwagon milking to the fullest the opportunity presented to him. Opening the innings for CSK, Du Plessis has so far accumulated 302 runs at 53.16 in 7 innings.
Karachi-born Owais Shah was bought by Rajasthan Royals this year after his previous franchise Kochi Tuskers Kerala was terminated. He has justified his place in the side by scoring 3 fifties in 7 innings. He has so far scored 268 runs at 53.60
comments powered by Disqus
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details