Triumph motorcycles ride into India: Models and price
After much ado, the iconic British motorcycle brand — Triumph Motorcycles — has finally forayed into the Indian market.
Triumph has launched ten of its world-renowned products here. Be it the iconic Bonneville, the legendary Speed Triple, the largest production motorcycle — Rocket III Roadster or the original café racer — Thruxton, Triumph’s Indian range has something for every deep-pocketed Indian motorcycling enthusiast.
Bonneville is everything that Triumph stands for — class, sophisticated yet brash charm and drop-dead gorgeous looks.
The classic Bonneville models get their name from the Bonneville Salt Flats where speed freaks gallop unabashed setting speed records in the process.
The 865-cc engine in the three different Bonneville variants churns between 68 and 69 ps of power.
Triumph Bonneville: Rs 5.75 lakh
Triumph Bonneville T100: Rs. 6.6 lakh
Triumph Thruxton: Rs. 6.75 lakh
Pentagonal twin headlamps give Triumph’s naked streetbike — Street Triple — an irresistible charm and feel. It uses the same three cylinder mill as the Daytona 675 which red lines at an astounding 12,000 RPM.
Another roadster in the lineup — Speed Triple borrows inspiration from race track bikes with its distinct twin headlamps, tall stance and under seat exhaust.
Triumph Street Triple: Rs 7.5 lakh
Triumph Speed Triple: Rs 10.4 lakh
Triumph Daytona 675R is a 600cc super sports bike armed with all the bells, whistles and carbon fibre bits to boot. It develops 128 PS of power at 12,500 RPM and can be cajoled to reach over 14,400 RPM.
Tiger 800 XC is a globe trotter in the true sense of the term. Its large fuel tank, upright seating position and tough frame makes it an off road rugged bike like nothing else.
Triumph Daytona 675R: Rs 11.4 lakh
Triumph Tiger 800 XC: Rs 12 lakh
Triumph Thunderbird Storm is a hardcore no-nonsense cruiser and packs a 1700cc engine machine that is designed to deliver when it matters. With minimalistic usage of chrome and blingy bits, all the attention is focused towards the twin headlamps, matte finish and black colour treatment. And surprise surprise, in terms of fuel efficiency, it even boasts of returning 18 to 20 kilometres to the litre!
Triumph Thunderbird Storm: Rs. 13 lakh
Triumph Rocket III is powered by 2,294cc engine that can put a majority of cars on Indian roads to shame. Its humongous frame, unique driveshaft and chunky tyres make it an absolute head-turner on the roads.
Triumph Tiger Explorer: Rs 17.9 lakh
Triumph Rocket III Roadster: Rs 20 lakh
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!