Two more succumb to encephalitis; toll climbs to 101
Gorakhpur (UP): Two children succumbed to encephalitis here, taking the toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 101 this year.
The two children hailing from Gorakhpur and Sidhharthanagar died yesterday at the Baba Raghav Das Medical College Hospital, health officials said today.
They said a total of 421 patients showing symptoms of encephalitis have been admitted to the hospital and adjoining district hospitals this year.
While some of the patients were suffering from Japanese Encephalitis (JE), most of them were suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES).
The JE spreads due to mosquito bites while AES spreads due to viruses present in contaminated water.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested by Mumbai police
- America flies fighter jets over North Korea amid rising tensions
- Watch: Marshal of the Indian Air Force (Late) Arjan Singh's state funeral
- Pakistan a terror-manufacturing unit: India at UN
- IAF Marshal Arjan Singh laid to rest with full state honours
- Mumbai: 55-year-old mother gets her own son killed for sexually abusing her
- Heavy rains, lightning hits Mumbai; BMC on alert
- Dean Jones gets brutally trolled for his 'India needed rain to win' tweet
- MS Dhoni catches up on sleep at Chennai airport, Twitter is in love
- Seeking a job at NASA? This is what you're signing up for