Where brand conscious Hina Rabbani got it wrong!
Hina Rabbani Khar – Woah! So the luxury brands walking-exhibiting politico was here in Delhi making news and its got the fashion fraternity cynically appreciating her style and admiring her choicest of shoes, handbags, movie star sunglasses etc..etc..
Wherein the rest of us can’t get over the OXYMORON this seems to be!
The fashion and trend jibber jabber around her pearls, kurtas, linens, pants, brands is for sure very interesting, but it’s funny how the focus of her visit seemed to be anything but a political agenda!
Pakistani leaders in the past have been appreciated for their style and some of them have been known as fashion icons. Likes of Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Benazir Bhutto have been known for their great sense of style and their statement was a mixture of class with fashion.
It’s tremendous how Bhutto was and Khar is absolutely covered from head to toe in a contemporary but traditional sort of way at the same time. Their personalities and charisma are strikingly similar that they would catch attention.
Khar is a power woman with a rich vibe and she’s immaculate with her wardrobe. The fact that she is a graduate from the States and is a female politician in a patriarchal country is an achievement in itself.
The point here is - that she was here to represent her country – which happens to be Pakistan!
It suffers crisis of the varied kinds. The country is gripped with terror attacks and is also a breeding ground for terrorists. It also has similar problems like India of poverty, illiteracy and deprivation.
Indians may be lauding her fashion and style, but should the matter of debate be her Hermes, Birkins, Roberto Cavallis, Jimmy Choos, that all sum up for some neat thousand dollars making her look like an oxymoron in the name of a serious leader who belongs to a country with issues much more grave.
It is very obvious she can’t be taken for a Sarah Palin, keeping in mind that Palin belongs to US and the Indian subcontinent have a long way to go before they reach that level. Her representation as a political leader of Pakistan in that sense is sort of paradoxical.
Of course there has been news of her sporting LVs, Pradas, Ferragamos across the border which grabbed more eyeballs than her international policies. She is from a rich background and that’s acceptable, but her appearance needed a little more simplicity to be in sync with the state of her country and the matter she was here to address.
comments powered by Disqus
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017 Live updates: BJP crosses half way majority mark
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- THIS man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video