Womb transplant performed in Turkey
Ankara: A team of Turkish surgeons took a uterus from a donor and have successfully transplanted it into a 21-year-old woman.
The womb transplant surgery that lasted seven hours was performed at the Akdeniz University Hospital in the southern province of Antalya.
"We are very glad to find a cure for the patient`s desire to be a mother. We hope that we can see her giving birth to the baby," said team head and associate professor Omer Ozkan of the Reconstructive Plastic Surgery department.
comments powered by Disqus
- Watch: Woman chants 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' at Srinagar's Lal Chowk
- 24-year old biker dies while speeding near Delhi's Mandi House
- SC orders NIA to investigate Kerala 'love jihad' case
- UP Govt mulls action against Madrasas who didn't sing National Anthem on I-Day
- GST strengthened spirit of competitive cooperative federalism, says PM Modi
- Rohith Vemula was a troubled individual, didn’t commit suicide over Hyderabad Central University action: Inquiry Commission
- Petrol, diesel price on 17th August 2017: Check out the rates here city-wise
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar's impressive social drama is UNSTOPPABLE at Box Office
- Reward for locating 'missing' Sonia Gandhi: Posters emerge in Rae Bareli
- 81 lakh Aadhaar deactivated till date: Here's how to find out your status