Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya
Kolkata: Bollywood star Vidya Balan Wednesday said women-centric films reflected the fact that women were taking centre-stage in various walks of life.
"I think women are taking centre-stage in various walks of life all over the country and cinema is just a reflection of that. I`m happy to be part of the film that is celebrating the new role of women," she told reporters here.
Vidya Balan, who has won accolades for her roles in `The Dirty Picture` and `Kahaani`, was here to receive the Prabha Khaitan Puraskar 2012 from the Calcutta Chamber of Commerce.
She said she wanted to work in Bengali films too. "Satyajit Ray is my favourite Bengali director. I`ll love to work in a Bengali film. But till now, I have not received any offer. But I have taken videos of Bengali films like `Antaheen` and `Moner Manush`."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
comments powered by Disqus
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory