How to make a healthy breakfast yummy? Delicious effortless breakfast for every new cook!
¾ cup veggies (carrots, peas can vary according to taste)
2 medium tomatoes
2 tbsp sliced onion
1 cup oats ¾ cup water
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric
Oil as required
½ to ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste
1 to 2 green chilies
½ tsp Garam masala powder
¼ tsp coriander powder (its optional)
¼ tsp red chili powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Dry roast oats until golden or they begin to smell good. Set aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil. Add chillies and allow to crackle.
3. Sauté ginger garlic until the raw smell goes off.
4. Add onions and fry until they turn slightly golden or pink.
5. Saute veggies for 2 to 3 mins. Add tomatoes, sprinkle salt and turmeric.
6. Cook until the tomatoes turn completely mushy.
7. Add chili powder, garam masala or pav bhaji masala and coriander powder.
8. Mix and fry for 2 to 3 minutes until it smells good.
9. Add oats and stir well.
10. Add water and mix well
11. Cover and cook. If needed add more or less water to adjust the consistency.
12. Add coriander leaves.
13. (Optional) Drizzle some ghee over the hot Oats Masala Upma.