New Delhi: Last week, Lenovo announced the November 29 launch of its ‘K6 Power’ smartphone in India. Ever since the announcement, Lenovo has been dropping subtle hints about the phone, which have certainly created a buzz and increased the anticipation of its user base.
On its official Twitter handle, Lenovo teased the upcoming smartphone’s “razor-sharp” camera and confirmed that the smartphone will carry a fingerprint sensor. Lenovo also revealed that the phone will be available exclusively on Flipkart, instead of its smartphones traditionally being an Amazon exclusive.
Post its launch on November 29, 2016, it will go on sale from December 6, 2016. The Lenovo K6 Power was unveiled at IFA 2016 in Berlin earlier this year.
Going by the images released by Lenovo earlier, the phone model seems to be a gold variant with a metal body, camera and a circular fingerprint sensor on the back. The Lenovo logo can be seen at the bottom along with speaker grill.
Some critics are comparing the K6 Power with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with regard to the overall design. The smartphone will be available in three variants: dark grey, gold and silver.
Its specifications include:
- A 5-inch full HD (1080p) display with pixel density of 441ppi
- It will be driven by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor (four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.2GHz + four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5GHz) paired with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB onboard storage, and a microSD card slot for memory expansion
- A 13-megapixel rear camera with phase detection auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash
- An 8-megapixel front camera, with video recording capability at 1080p
- Powered by a 4,000mAh battery
- It will provide you with a booming sound quality, thanks to the Dolby ATMOS audio support
- Connectivity options include dual-SIM support, 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- The smartphone runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow wrapped under Vibe UI
Giving the Lenovo ‘K6 Power’ smartphone a tough competition is the Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime smartphone among others. The Redmi 3s Prime, priced at Rs 8,999, features a 5-inch HD display, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, Adreno 505 GPU and 3GB of RAM.