Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday said he has asked the police department to crack the whip on the drug trade and late night parties in the state.
Opposition Congress on Monday pressed for expeditiously taking up of its substantive motion on the conduct of the Governors of Goa and Manipur in not calling the single largest party to form government after the assembly elections.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday sought to give a pep talk to AAP's volunteers demoralised after his party's poor show in the Punjab and Goa elections and asked them to gear up for upcoming MCD polls.
Claiming that there was no delay in electing the Congress Legislature Party leader.
Manohar Parrikar on Thursday won the critical trust vote in the legislature, with 22 MLAs backing his government and the Congress getting the support of 16 legislators.
Digvijay Singh, who is under fire for not being able to form a Congress government in Goa, on Friday defended himself saying the alliance with the GFP was “sabotaged by our own leaders”.
The 25-year-old Irish tourist, who was found dead at a South Goa beach village earlier this week, was raped before being murdered by a local history-sheeter, forensic examination has revealed, police said on Thursday.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday won the critical trust vote in the legislature, with 22 MLAs backing his government and the Congress getting the support of 16 legislators.
Congress MLA Vishwajit PratapSingh Rane was not present during the trust vote in Goa Assembly.
For Manohar Parrikar, who proved himself to be BJP's best bet in Goa by sewing up a coalition and proving its majority on the floor of Assembly, it is a homecoming and another stint as chief minister of the coastal state.
The BJP-led coalition of Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar won the floor test as 22 MLAs supported it in Goa Assembly.
Accused Vikas Bhagat, arrested in Irish woman death, has been remanded to seven-day police custody by Canacona court in Goa.
The BJP has won 13 seats, four less than the Congress which bagged 17 seats in the 40-member House.
A section of Congress MLAs in Goa has sought appointment with the party vice-president Rahul Gandhi to apprise him about the "mismanagement" by senior leaders which they blame for the botched bid to capture power.
The floor test for the BJP-led government in Goa, headed by Manohar Parrikar, is expected to be a smooth affair as the combine is confident of the numbers at its command.
Less than 24 hours after an Irish woman was found murdered in south Goa, police on Wednesday claimed to have cracked the case with the arrest of a history-sheeter, Vikas Bhagat.
The Congress won 17 seats with the BJP finishing second in Goa with 13 seats.
In a shocking incident, a 28-year-old Irish woman was found dead near Canacona Beach in South Goa on Tuesday.
It's a big win for BJP as the party clinched power in two more states.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday congratulated Manohar Parrikar after he was sworn-in as the Chief Minister of Goa.
Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday took oath as Goa CM.
The BJP today welcomed the Supreme Court's decision to not stay the swearing-in of Manohar Parrikar as Goa Chief Minister, and claimed it will be able to prove majority on the floor of the House.
Slamming the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for allegedly influencing the decision of the Governors of Goa and Manipur in government formation of their respective states, the Congress has branded the development as 'unconstitutional'.
With the support of of regional outfits and Independents, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday is scheduled to be sworn in as the Goa Chief Minister.
The spirit of Monday`s Holi celebrations are expected to spill over onto Tuesday, with a series of colourful political developments poised to play out over the issue of government formation in the coastal state, which has thrown up a fractured mandate.
In a case of delicious political irony, Goa Forward MLA Vijai Sardesai, the man often referred to as a 'fixer' in public discourse by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, was the one who literally 'fixed' Parrikar's chief ministership.
A group of Congress legislators in Goa were "upset" and blamed the party's top leadership for the failure to form the government in the coastal state despite emerging as the single largest party in the assembly polls.
Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram today accused the BJP of "stealing" elections in Goa and Manipur, saying a party which comes second has "no right" to form the government.
In a major development on Monday, Manohar Parrikar has resigned from the post of Defence Minister.
Parrikar, currently the Defence Minister, was being sent back to the tiny coastal state after prospective allies made his return the pre-condition for support.
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- BMC serves notices to 500 senior doctors on strike, asks to resume work
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- DNA: Today in history, 21 March 2017
- PoK residents protest against Pakistan’s move to make Gilgit-Baltistan its fifth province
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's farewell speech in Lok Sabha
- DNA: Supreme Court asks parties to solve Ayodhya dispute amicably
- Exclusive: What keeps Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute still unresolved?
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24
- Why the name of an Andaman island a matter of shame for Indian patriots? - BJP MP has an answer
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Raju Srivastava to replace Sunil Grover?
- UK Parliament attack: Four including assailant dead, at least 20 injured
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath? Here's how Pak media reported on Gorakhpur MP's elevation as UP CM
- Baby born with rare condition labelled 'alien' by shocked mom who refused to nurse him
- Big boost for BJP, senior Congress leader SM Krishna joins party, praises PM Modi
- UP portfolios announced, CM Yogi Adityanath keeps Home; Keshav Prasad Maurya gets PWD, Dinesh Sharma Education
- PM Modi is a global icon, works for all without discrimination: Yogi Adityanath in Lok Sabha