Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Tuesday said the Bharatiya Janata Party will face a problem in Goa assembly elections because of the party`s differences with the RSS.
Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar was among 60 candidates who filed their nomination papers for next month's Assembly Elections for various constituencies.
Manohar Parrikar was appointed as Goa Chief Minister in 2000 and his first stint as Chief Minister ended in 2002.
The Election Commission on Monday issued a notice of model code violation to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for his reported remarks in poll- bound Goa where he had allegedly promoted bribery and asked him to respond by Wednesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) today announced the names of seven more candidates for the upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly elections, thus declaring 36 nominees so far for the 40-member House.
The Congress party on Sunday released its second list of seven candidates for the upcoming Goa assembly polls, taking the number of candidates finalised so far to 34 of the 40 assembly seats.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday released its manifesto for the Goa Assembly polls with the focus on issues related to women.
Expressing confidence that the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) will form next government in Goa after the February 4 polls, the party today made it clear that they will not align with BJP "under any circumstances."
The BJP will announce the second list of its candidates for upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly election on Saturday, state party president Vinay Tendulkar said.
GSM president Anand Shirodkar said that Sukerkar will not be able to contest from Panaji constituency owing to health issues.
Expelled Congress legislator Atanasio Monserratte today resigned as a member of the Goa legislative assembly to join the United Goans Party, which he formed recently to contest the upcoming polls.
Twenty-nine more candidates filed their nominations on Friday in Punjab and Goa for the February 4 Assembly polls.
The BJP, which had won 21 of the 40 seats in the state in 2012, yesterday released the first list of candidates for the February 4 Assembly Elections in the coastal state.
GVP which contested 2012 elections without any alliance has two MLAs in the 40-member House.
Goa's ruling BJP and opposition Congress on Thursday declared their first lists of candidates for the February 4 Assembly polls.
Elections to the 40-member Goa Legislative Assembly would be held on February 4.
Refraining from projecting Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar as its chief ministerial candidate in the Goa Assembly polls, BJP today announced the names of candidates for 29 seats, including 17 sitting MLAs.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda released the BJP`s first list of 17 candidates for Punjab polls and 29 candidates for Goa polls.
Assembly Elections in the politically-crucial Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 04 and March 08.
With the issuance of notification in Goa and Punjab, the formal process of elections in the two states began on Wednesday.
As he visited the land of his ancestors, Portugese Prime Minister Antonio Costa was on Wednesday accorded a warm welcome in Goa, with Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar terming it as a "proud" moment for the people of the state.
Arvind Kejriwal had said that both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party offer money to voters during elections.
Notifications for single-phased Punjab and Goa Assembly elections will be issued on Wednesday, kick-starting the process of filing of nomination papers.
While GSM was floated by RSS rebel Subhash Velingkar, MGP, the oldest regional outfit of the state, recently severed its ties with the BJP.
Goa was ruled by Portugal for 451 years before she was liberated by the Indian Army in 1961.
All the election rallies in Goa would be monitored by Election Commission of India (ECI) through live-streaming and web casting, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Congress in Goa today demanded apology from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal for "insulting" the voters of the state by asking them to accept money offered by all political party, but vote for AAP.
The Portuguese Prime Minister should apologise for the atrocities committed on its former Goa colony and the consulate should be shifted out of the state, a former minister said on Monday.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has kept a strict watch on drug paddlers in the state to ensure that narcotics does not become a conduit to push in money or lure voters during upcoming Goa polls.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- WATCH: Mushfiqur Rahman rushed to hospital after being hit on head by Tim Southee's bouncer
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Amid fight for 'cycle', SP chief Mulayam says will contest against son Akhilesh
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Good news for small traders: Withdrawal limit from current accounts doubled to Rs 1 lakh per week
- Nokia 6 to go on sale from January 19; gets over 1 million registrations