"The cruise vessel developed a technical snag and got drifted in the water. It dashed against the casino vessel which was anchored," a police official said.
As per preliminary probe, the agency had valued the "disproportionate assets" at over Rs 4.78 crore excluding the "unexplained amount" of Rs 5.50 crore.
The state has already banned drinking on beaches
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Sunday urged Goans to shun plastic and disposable plates.
The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Saturday filed an FIR against Leader of Opposition Chandrakant Kavlekar in disproportionate assets case.
The Water Resources Minister recently told a local news channel that he was being constantly stalked by someone.
The state has recently witnessed three different incidents of drowning involving four persons including two youth from a Ahmedabad based institute.
The Goa tourism department is planning to enact a law to ban swimming in the sea post sunset and after consumption of alcohol, in the wake of some recent incidents of drowning along the state's beaches.
The North Goa district administration on Thursday extended the ban on Mangalore-based Hindu outfit Sri Rama Sene chief Pramod Muthalik by 60 days with effect from September 6.
A sessions court in Goa's Mapusa is scheduled to resume hearing in connection with a case of rape against former Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal.
Goa CM Manohar Parrikar wins Panaji Assembly by-election, defeating his Congress rival Girish Chodankar.
Chief Minister of Goa Manohar Parrikar on Friday celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi with all customs and traditions with his family and fellow party members at his old house in Parra village of Goa.
The Ganesh Chaturthi, locally known as 'Chovoth', marked the commencement of the ten-day Ganpati festival during which people will keep the idols of the God of wisdom at home and offer 'prasad' and sing the traditional 'aarti'.
The Indian Army did not give adequate protection to Lieutenant Shrikant Purohit, Manohar Parrikar told reporters on Thursday.
Bypoll will also be held for Valpoi assembly seat on Wednesday, where Congress rebel Vishwajit Rane is contesting on the BJP ticket against Roy Naik, the son of former state home minister Ravi Naik, of Congress.
The Blue Whale challenge game is reportedly linked to the deaths of more than 100 young people around the world.
The chief minister also stressed on the need to improve the quality of primary education in the country and also in Goa, and said the society should join in the efforts for the same.
Goa minister Vinod Palienkar has demanded a ban on outdoor music events, including rave parties, after two youngsters died at two separate raves in the popular beach village of Anjuna in North Goa possibly due to drug overdose.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday filed his nomination for the August 23 by-election from the Panaji Assembly seat, for which the Congress has chosen Rahul Gandhi confidante Girish Chodankar.
Goa will see by-elections in two assembly constituencies on August 23.
The Supreme Court order came into force from April 1 this year, affecting nearly 3,000 liquor outlets in the coastal state.
The BJP-led Goa government on Tuesday told the state legislative assembly that strict action would be taken against the people found drinking on the state beaches, and if need be, they could even be arrested.
The Election Commission on Thursday announced that by-elections to fill four vancancies in Andhra Pradesh, Goa and Delhi legislative assemblies will be held on August 23.
The incident at a cemetery at Marcaim village in North Goa district, where 12 gravestones were found to be damaged, came to light on Monday.
The project aimed at promoting adventure and high-end tourism in the state is estimated to cost approximately Rs 157 crore.
A West Bengal resident was stabbed to death by his own friend at Calangute beach here Thursday night, police said.
Kovind polled 500 votes as compared to 220 polled by Meira Kumar in Goa, with the former garnering 69.4 per cent of the votes.
There would be a straight fight as Goa BJP president Vinay Tendulkar and state Congress chief Shantaram Naik are the only two candidates who have filed nominations.
The Goa University has announced Bachelor of Pharmacy Semester Results 2017.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday told the state Assembly that Sadhvi Saraswati`s controversial speech in Goa last month, where she said that beef-eaters should be hanged in public, did not contain any "religious sentiment".
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- Doklam standoff: China deploys over 12,000 troops in Chumbi Valley
- Pak's nuclear weapons at risk of being stolen by terrorists: US scientists
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- TMC MP Mukul Roy to quit party post Durga Puja
- Govt failed to fulfill any of its promises in 3 years of reign: Mulayam Singh
- Iqbal Kaskar confirms brother Dawood Ibrahim lives in Karachi
- Graves of 28 hindus collectively found in Myanmar
- Encounter ends in J&K's Uri, 3 terrorists killed
- Violence at BHU is conspiracy, says VC Girish Chandra Tripathi
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Mahira Khan and Ranbir Kapoor NYC photo frenzy: Bollywood stands up in defence
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world's heaviest woman, passes away
- IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This Twitter convo between Kumar Sangakkara and Hardik Pandya is pure gold
- US reveals 9 secret locations housing Pakistan's nuclear weapons, raises 'takeover' alarm
- 'China used loudspeakers, tanks to bully India, Bhutan during Doklam standoff'
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Watch: Glenn Maxwell st MS Dhoni b Yuzvendra Chahal, again
- Scientists design novel aluminium that floats on water
- Falahari Maharaj asked victim to lick honey from his tongue before raping
- Watch: Indore erupts to Hardik Pandya's scorcher against David Warner
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Baahubali loses to Newton in Oscar race - SS Rajamouli reacts
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy slams protesters over BHU molestation case, says naxalite movement
- Trinamool MP Mukul Roy to quit party after Durga Puja