Goa Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar was among 60 candidates who filed their nomination papers for next month's Assembly Elections for various constituencies.
Manohar Parrikar was appointed as Goa Chief Minister in 2000 and his first stint as Chief Minister ended in 2002.
The Election Commission on Monday issued a notice of model code violation to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for his reported remarks in poll- bound Goa where he had allegedly promoted bribery and asked him to respond by Wednesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) today announced the names of seven more candidates for the upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly elections, thus declaring 36 nominees so far for the 40-member House.
The Congress party on Sunday released its second list of seven candidates for the upcoming Goa assembly polls, taking the number of candidates finalised so far to 34 of the 40 assembly seats.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday released its manifesto for the Goa Assembly polls with the focus on issues related to women.
Expressing confidence that the Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) will form next government in Goa after the February 4 polls, the party today made it clear that they will not align with BJP "under any circumstances."
The BJP will announce the second list of its candidates for upcoming Goa Legislative Assembly election on Saturday, state party president Vinay Tendulkar said.
GSM president Anand Shirodkar said that Sukerkar will not be able to contest from Panaji constituency owing to health issues.
Expelled Congress legislator Atanasio Monserratte today resigned as a member of the Goa legislative assembly to join the United Goans Party, which he formed recently to contest the upcoming polls.
Twenty-nine more candidates filed their nominations on Friday in Punjab and Goa for the February 4 Assembly polls.
The BJP, which had won 21 of the 40 seats in the state in 2012, yesterday released the first list of candidates for the February 4 Assembly Elections in the coastal state.
GVP which contested 2012 elections without any alliance has two MLAs in the 40-member House.
Goa's ruling BJP and opposition Congress on Thursday declared their first lists of candidates for the February 4 Assembly polls.
Elections to the 40-member Goa Legislative Assembly would be held on February 4.
Refraining from projecting Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar as its chief ministerial candidate in the Goa Assembly polls, BJP today announced the names of candidates for 29 seats, including 17 sitting MLAs.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda released the BJP`s first list of 17 candidates for Punjab polls and 29 candidates for Goa polls.
Assembly Elections in the politically-crucial Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur will be held between February 04 and March 08.
With the issuance of notification in Goa and Punjab, the formal process of elections in the two states began on Wednesday.
As he visited the land of his ancestors, Portugese Prime Minister Antonio Costa was on Wednesday accorded a warm welcome in Goa, with Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar terming it as a "proud" moment for the people of the state.
Arvind Kejriwal had said that both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party offer money to voters during elections.
Notifications for single-phased Punjab and Goa Assembly elections will be issued on Wednesday, kick-starting the process of filing of nomination papers.
While GSM was floated by RSS rebel Subhash Velingkar, MGP, the oldest regional outfit of the state, recently severed its ties with the BJP.
Goa was ruled by Portugal for 451 years before she was liberated by the Indian Army in 1961.
All the election rallies in Goa would be monitored by Election Commission of India (ECI) through live-streaming and web casting, a senior official said on Tuesday.
Congress in Goa today demanded apology from Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal for "insulting" the voters of the state by asking them to accept money offered by all political party, but vote for AAP.
The Portuguese Prime Minister should apologise for the atrocities committed on its former Goa colony and the consulate should be shifted out of the state, a former minister said on Monday.
The Election Commission of India (ECI) has kept a strict watch on drug paddlers in the state to ensure that narcotics does not become a conduit to push in money or lure voters during upcoming Goa polls.
Polling will be held in Punjab and Goa together on February 4.
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- BJP may announce its first list of candidates for UP elections today
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Watch - Heavy snowfall in various parts of the world!
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Boat overturns in Ganga river, leaves 23 dead
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Several dead after Turkish cargo plane crashes into Kyrgyzstan homes
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Yogeshwar Dutt sets example for society, takes Re 1 as dowry ahead of January 16 wedding
- India vs England, Pune ODI: Virat Kohli hits 27th hundred, equals Sachin Tendulkar's world record in chase — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- Latest Box Office collections of 'Dangal' and 'Ok Jaanu' are out!
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Bigg Boss 10: Here's what Nitibha Kaul said about Manveer Gurjar after her eviction
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Akhilesh Yadav gets 'cycle' to fight UP Elections 2017, blow to Mulayam