The Goa government has issued a circular barring the MLAs from summoning government officials to their residences or personal offices for holding meetings.
The CBI has booked the Director of Indian Institute of Technology-Goa, B K Mishra, for allegedly amassing Rs 1.14 crore disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The Goa traffic police have made helmets mandatory for two-wheeler riders and pillion riders in view of the increasing accidental deaths.
In the past, IMA had complained against a NRI woman who had assaulted a doctor in South Goa.
"Various pro-Hindu and patriotic organisations all over India and abroad are striving to establish Hindu Rashtra," Hindu Janajagruti Samiti leader Charudatt Pingale told reporters.
The state agriculture minister said strong action will be taken against those who try to create communal disharmony in the state with their talks.
The Goa government has decided to write to the Centre raising certain objections to the recent notification banning the sale and purchase of cattle at animal markets for slaughter, as it has created "apprehensions" in the minds of local people, a state minister said on Saturday.
The Goa's Mapusa Court on Friday restricted the media from reporting proceedings of rape case accused and former Tehelka magazine editor Tarun Tejpal under Indian Penal Code (IPC) 327(3).
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday donned the role of a volunteer teacher at state run District Institute of Education and Training (DIET).
A total of 80.33 percent voters cast their ballot in the Goa village Panchayat Elections held on Sunday.
Out of total 40 legislators in the Goa Assembly, 27 participated in the day-long session yesterday which was inaugurated by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Goa BJP MLA Rajesh Patnekar has pledged to donate his organs along with 80 others as a part of a campaign launched by the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
Addressing reporters here tonight, the state election commissioner RK Srivastava said those standing in queues till 5 pm were given a chance to cast their vote and accordingly some voters were still exercising their franchise.
As many as 5,297 candidates are in fray for the elections and over 7.49 lakh people are eligible to cast their votes.
Lok Sabha member from South Goa Narendra Sawaikar has urged External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to help 14 Indians reportedly stranded on a Merchant Navy vessel at a port in Djibouti in Africa.
Konkan Railway Corporation Ltd (KRCL) is planning to develop 21 new stations on its route and double 147-km stretch of the track.
Fish and not beef is Goa's most preferred cuisine and therefore, the Centre's notification on cattle trade will have no impact on the coastal state's tourist inflow.
The Marathi textbook for Class II issued by Goa's Education Department carries an incomplete version of the national anthem, though a top department official said that the error may have cropped up in just one-odd copy.
Criticising the trend of BJP leaders taking a meal at the homes of tribal families, former Goa Chief Minister Ravi Naik on Wednesday urged them to offer their sons and daughters in marriage to members of Dalit and tribal families.
To a query on increasing incidents of cow vigilantism in country, Parab said they feel that the best way to preserve cattle is not violence but to provide care and shelter to them.
The Goa State Pollution Control Board (GSPCB), in its annual report has held that high levels of fecal matter resulting from open defecation is one of the major causes of river pollution in the coastal state.
The Goa Congress has dubbed Union Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre's lunch with a scheduled tribe family at their house in Taleigao village in the state, as "political drama".
Almost 10 months after at least 40 people were killed when an old road bridge was washed away in heavy rains near Mahad in Maharashtra's Raigad, a new bridge in its place was inaugurated at the same site here on Monday.
The ban was enforced under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act ( UAPA) and approved at a meeting of the Union Cabinet.
"If you look at the performance of the union government under the leadership of Narendra Modi, you will witness that the credibility of India has reached an all time high," BJP national spokesman Sambit Patra told reporters here.
Former Goa Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar will face trial over a land-grabbing and cheating case.
Plastic bags are the main cause of choked drains in Goa and there was an urgent need to crack down on its excessive use.
Goa celebrates its Statehood Day on May 30. Goa was a union territory of India from 19 December 1961 to 30 May 1987.
Fishing with use of trawlers will be banned in Goa from June 1 to July 31, a state fisheries department official said on Tuesday.
Criminals are very easily obtaining SIM cards by submitting forged documents, they produce somebody else's photographs, name and even signature.
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift the Mahagathbandhan?
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Vodafone users can get 45GB additional 4G data for 5 months on recharge of 1GB – Know how
- Prabhas at Karan Johar’s bash: Here’s how Varun Dhawan, Arjun Kapoor addressed him