Ahmedabad: The voting for civic and panchayat polls in Gujarat was held on February 17, 2018. As per the state election commission, Dahod municipality registered the highest turnout of 76.67 percent while Rajkot recorded 50.17 percent turnout. Polling was held in 75 municipalities or Nagarpalikas.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress were locked in a direct fight in the civic polls. In the last local elections, BJP had won 107 seats out of total 123 seats in 2016.
Following are the latest updates of Ahmadabad, Morbi, Botad, Dwarka:
- The BJP wins Gadhada municipality in Botad district.
- BJP wins Dwarka municipality in Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- Congress bags Salaya municipality in Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- Among the municipalities, BJP has won are Jafrabad, Vadnagar, Jasdan, Vijaynagar, Sanand, Talaja, Halvad, Bantva, Kodinar, Lathi, Kheralu, Karamsad, Songadh, Bavla, Mansa, Dwarka, Bhanvad, Kutiyana, Chalala, Gadhda, Idar, Prantij, Jamjodhpur, Dhrol, Chhaya, Bilimora, Gariyadhar, Sihor and Lathi.
- In Morbi district, in Halvad in ward number 1, Congress bags 3 seats and BJP wins 1 seat.
- Trends for all 75 municipalities are in - BJP leading in 44, Congress in 27, others in four.
- BJP elected in ward number 2 in Halvad in Morbi district.
- Congress wins 4 seats in ward number 1 in Salaya in Dwarka district.
- Trends in 71 municipalities - BJP leads in 41 while Congress is leading in 27, others leading in 3 municipalities.
- BJP wins in Halvad municipality in Morbi district.
- In Halvad, three seats to Congress in ward number 1, one to BJP.
- BJP emerges victorious on one ward in Sanand in Ahmedabad district.
- Overall, trends in 50 municipalities show the BJP leading in 27 while the Congress leading in 20.
- In Halvad, in ward number 1, Congress wins 3 and BJP 1 seat in Morbi district.
- In Dwarka district, BJP wins in 4 seats in ward number 1.
- In Kheda, 2 seat goes to BJP and 2 to BSP in ward number 1.